Sold One to ALGo

350 fee and taxes on disposition which will all add up to 375 under. Algo charges 75 fee for virtual inspection in case you go ahead with the deal with them.

1 Like

Update 1: Odyssey picked up today, one week after signing paperwork. They left me a check for the payoff difference. Overall so far, 10/10. Vroom who I had sold two cars to previously, I would give 7/10.
Let’s see how long it takes them to pay off HFS.

I’ve got an ALGo inspection lined up for tomorrow. Their offer is $1400 more than payoff on a 19 Camry SE. Carvana and Vroom were $500 and $1000 lower than payoff.

I’ve never done a virtual inspection before, so is there anything I need to know in advance? Car has been detailed inside & out.

My appraisal person was mostly concerned with any physical damage to the exterior.

1. show the VIN of the car
  2. show the registration I think
  3. opened the hood
  4. 360 walk around of interior
  5. opened trunk
  6. 360 view walking around the exterior of the car.

Extra: asked why I was looking to sell and if I had an expected offer on mind.

• I answered I have quotes from other 3rd party and local dealers and looking for the AlGo offer and looking to sell ASAP.

took like 4 minutes. Got a call 25 later with the offer.

1 Like

That’s really helpful. Thanks!!

AlGo currently is not buying cars on the west coast. One less options for us.

In NY you can put custom plates on storage at DMV for 6 months & so that you don’t have to pay insurance. Once you get new car just take your paperwork for new car & NYS dmv storage receipt.
I been doing for few years now

1 Like

All those stories tell us which make we shoudl lease in case we need to get rid of the lease.

Is anyone detailing their car having the interior cleaned out prior to shipping it out to leave a good impression ?

Not necessarily true. VW I leased gave me positive equity despite the hiked up payoff, plus the lease I hackd was awesome. Had I discarded VW as a make, I would have missed out

It’s not the ONLY factor, but it is A factor. I wouldn’t touch a Benz lease right now, for instance.

Might be best off not making a payment if a payment is coming up btw before selling a car. My account got closed yesterday and I’m currently missing the payment that went through. Chrysler said theres no refund on the way and the payoff posted on my account doesn’t have the extra payment money. Just called Algo and hopefully it will be as quick as them just sending me an extra check. Not sure if they re-called for the payoff before sending the check and sent a smaller check or if Chrysler didn’t refund me correctly.

1 Like

I had made a payment on my lease in between payoff and Chrysler Cap refunded me without any issue. I would try again. Call and tell them you need a refund for an overpayment which was made.

Did your payoff transaction history show the over payment? Mine doesn’t. It shows the payment as the buyout post payment. So I’m assuming the missing funds are from Algo. Going to try again if Algo confirms that the check they sent was that money + the $400 I’m owed.

Basically

Agreed purchase price: $32,000
Buyout when agreed upon: $29,411 before payment went through
Buyout payment shown on my transaction history: $29,006
Check to me at pickup: $2514 ($2589 - algo $75 tow fee)

I was skeptical, but it seemed to work out for me also. I’m not afraid of a little negotiation, which was needed to get to the price I wanted, and ended up selling my wife’s 2018 Suby forester to ALGO with a year remaining on lease.
Replaced it with a good deal on one of the 2020 Pilot EXLAWD when they were still available end of August. The process took a little longer than I wanted, and I got the Honda first before the Suby was closed, but I came out with equity and ALGO was at least 1K better than Carmax, Vroom and Carvana. Thousands better than the dealership appraisal.
would recommend.

Sold my 2018 Alfa Stelvio with 17500 miles lease through Chrysler Capital to Algo, overall the experience was seamless. I had last month payment left. Lease payoff was $26637.

They were offering $26500, so I owed the rest plus the $75 fees (total $212).

I liked that they were willing to negotiate. Algo instant offer $22700, after facetime call $24000, Nego1 $26000 (purchase manager), Nego 2 $26500 (after payoff call).

09/16 car picked up, 09/22 check received, 09/23 account closed.

Other offers, Carvana $22300, Vroom $24100, Local Alfa dealer $24000, Carmax $23000.

Question for anyone.

do you receive a check for positive equity from the driver that picks up the car? or do you get that after the car is gone ?

Also, if someone can details the procedure when the car is being picked up?
I assume it’s

• sign some paperwork
  • take off plates
  • remove registration
  • remove personal belongings from car
  • give the two car keys

You get the positive equity check from the driver.

I didn’t have to sign any paperwork when they picked up the vehicle, they make you send it in beforehand. Carvana had me sign that paperwork at pickup.

Take off plates before they come.

and yes to the other 3 things. Not sure if it matters if you take registration off or not, they probably will if you don’t etc.

1 Like

Driver checked the odometer and took some pictures of the car, handed me the check and took off. less then 5 minutes!

1 Like

Just finished selling a NX300 to algo and they mailed the payoff check to lexus via ups ground. Hope it makes it before my next lease payment next week.

I actually was told they would overnight it. Kind of surprised.