Sold One to ALGo

Yes but it might not be as much as you think. Chrysler definitely does dealer buyout (if you’re leased through chrsyler cap). If you’re looking at your own buyout it will most likely be your buyout - sales tax for a dealer. With that offer you’re definitely still in the negative though.

2 Likes

which car is this for ?

I didn’t get an email until after it was already delivered.

1 Like

Expecting pick up from Algo tomorrow morning.
2014 Acura mdx base, 51K miles, rear door accident in parking lot.
ALgo initial quote 20K, decrease to 19K after zoom meeting
Carvana 15400
Vroom 16500
local dealer 15000

When do we remove the car from our insurance?
Right after it’s picked up by the ALGO truck?

After turning in your plates, at least here in NY.

2 Likes

And it’s already listed for sale.

Very amusing that it’s for sale used for more than the selling price it sold for when new. Used car buyers are suckers.

5 Likes

Don’t get your hopes up with ALGO. The original estimate you get via email is not what they will offer after virtual walk through. I just went through the process and they offered 9% less than original offer for one year old mid size SUV. Feels like typical bait and switch dealer with online presence.

1 Like

case by case basis…It worked the other way for me…

2 Likes

Same here, I suspect they leave more wiggle room in their pricing to make people feel good about having room to haggle?

Here’s my car $5k more than they paid.
https://www.autolenders.com/used-car-inventory/Mazda-CX-9-J0218446

1 Like

For those having problem to get dealer payoff from Honda and Acura Finance.
You can get it now using the link below. Super easy process

https://payoffahfc.dealertrack.com/

3 Likes

Is there any automated way to get payoff amount from GM Financials?

You can request it through the chat feature on the website or app… That’s the closest thing I can think of.

1 Like

If they won’t tell you the dealer payoff all you have to do is subtract the tax from yours and that should be about right. A trick I learned is to ask them to confirm your number, something like “I believe that the dealer payoff does not include sales tax, correct? So it should be about xx,xxx dollars?” Sometimes they will bite on that.

Not picked up yet, but did all the paperwork today.

2019 Honda Odyssey EX-L

Carmax (don’t even bother) - $26,000
Carvana - $30,400
Vroom - -$30,700

ALGo - $31,500

They initially offered $31,100 via e-mail, then we did the FaceTime inspection. They tried lowballing me at 30K, but then made another email offer for $31,000. I initially declined. A week later they texted again and offered $31,500, meaning I’m ending up with positive equity after only 13 lease payments. Great.

Communication was much better / easier than my previous experience with Vroom. At AlGo, someone gets back to you via text or email very quickly.

Let’s see how the pickup goes - that part was the biggest nightmare with Vroom.

But so far, can only recommend these guys!

I believe this includes the residual plus $350 application fee and the tax on disposition amount (350 * tax rate).

The amount I see through this site is my residual + 350 + tax on disposition (dealer location).

2nd Update: My car was picked up on 8/26, my TFS account was finally closed yesterday on 9/14. That’s a really, really long time but at least the whole process is now complete.

I’m in the process of going with Vroom and just paid my last payment so not sure how this will play out if they already checked with GM for the buyout amount. I’ll advise when it happens

They sent my payment to Chase that arrived on Friday. Checked this morning and the account is closed, 1 day before my payment was due, so perfect timing.

Glad to see a good experience. They went from $27400 to $25K for a clean one year old car.

1 Like