Orange County Meetup 12/12! CANCELLED

Everyone picks a specific vehicle and shops it to see who can get the lowest price. I was thinking we could have a team format this year to shop different parts of CA and someone could QB the Edmunds inquiries…while the master Hacker Captain of the group works the calculator.

3 Likes

Whoever can get blacklisted or piss off the most dealers wins!

1 Like

Lots and lots of cosplay.

1 Like

hqdefault

6 Likes

I see… so not quite what I was envisioning… :rofl:

Edit: Realized in hindsight that I had to make Ethan the the de-facto Bolt king… fixed!

5 Likes

I was ready to bring the measuring tape…maybe I miss read the rules…

2 Likes

Would you please stop.

4 Likes

These fuckers never quit. It’s not enough to go by the stupid rules they arbitrary set…now everyone needs to hide in their closets.

1 Like

@mllcb42
@trusted_hackrs can you please close down this thread. It goes against local rules.

3 Likes

It would be more appropriate to leave it open so that those interested can replan in accordance with local regulations.

7 Likes

I don’t want to add more noise to the thread and I don’t appreciate the fact that James is constantly saying the same thing over and over, but I really think people in this thread should listen to him. I’m pretty sure people who are interested in this meetup live in CA and aware of the situation. We’re at the edge of the biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig cliff.

1 Like

We all want businesses to reopen and return to normalcy and to get rid of all restrictions. We would be there if people would have followed the rules months ago. Yes, follow like sheep. So what. It’s a public health issue not a personal preference issue. The longer we have to tolerate personal rights protesters on their high horses, the longer we’ll have to hide in our closets waiting for this to die down. More people will lose more jobs, suffer, and be permanently scarred, or dead.

I am jealous of those that are going to meet up. You get to do this because you have judged that it’s ok to do it. I just can’t. I’m also mad you get to do this and I don’t. I, my family, friends, and co-workers have to have to hide in our closets because people have judged that it’s ok to socialize. I miss them so much.

I get that you think that it’s my choice and ‘to each his own’. I get that some even think it’s political. But it’s ‘just’ a public health issue, like issuing citations to those who sit comfortably in their cars and don’t wear their seatbelts. It’s for everyone’s own good. In fact you could argue that not wearing your seatbelt has little effect on those around you. But not following public health guidelines?

Please, please, please. Let’s get back to normal. Just a little longer. The crowded ICUs are real. The unnecessary deaths are real. We’re not overblowing it. Make it go away. I want to start test-driving some cars, man!!!

1 Like

They sure are. Kaiser stopped doing MRIs for 6 months. How do i know? I had to wait that long to get a knee surgery. I couldn’t believe what the doctors and nurses were telling me. How many will die because missed diagnosis? Scotland just announced an eye popping 40% drop in cancer diagnosis for the year…it’s a miracle! Wanna read real news? Check the recent articles in The Telegraph…the one where they reveal the average age of covid death is above the life expectancy age is really an eye opener. Personally, I already had the virus so it makes 0 sense to dump restrictions on my head in the name of equality. Give the people that already had it a pass and let them go on with their lives…and don’t give me that bull shit reinfections.

2 Likes

Idk how I missed that post but that’s the best thing I’ve ever seen

So who else is excited to see some Darwinism when the vaccine is widely available? Ya’ll ain’t turnin me into no Bill Gates zombie!

2 Likes

The hypotheticals are killing me here, and I’m on your side. Enough:

1. where in this post does anyone advocate something that is in violation of either the prior curfew or the possible, impending stay at home order? Show me on the doll where anyone said “let’s meet indoors, take off our masks, and look at each other’s cars”?

2. Where is the local order for OC that this event is in violation of? Like most I saw the Gov’s last speech and visited the website, which is not a directive. I don’t even live in OC anymore and I’ve been following the surrounding counties.

3. If I wasn’t on your side, I’d also mention

Not to make this a covid thread but sorry to hear that. I’ve been dealing with a prior injury/surgery from car accident all year. I’ve been in biweekly PT, I’ve had MRIs/Xrays/CT scans, injections (btw MRI in a mask is a trip, first time ive ever had any claustrophobia), all in the past six month. Aside from that and groceries I’m home. I’m always masked when I leave the house, and fortunately still negative. And would not even consider an activity that might change that (I have not eaten inside a restaurant since March).

2 Likes

Egads. I needed 3 Xanax for an enclosed mri (without a mask) because I am claustrophobic. I can’t even comprehend it with a mask. Of course, I did immediately fall asleep during the mri. :grinning: You might want to consider a few Xanax next time, should the occasion arise (hopefully not).

It’s actually worse…rumor is they turn into Honda dealers!!!

Lol…I feel better I’m not the only one…they did say to take it off if i felt uncomfortable so i did.

About the “rules”…some may not know but if you read the order you will stumble onto this paragraph:
“ c. Worship and political expression are permitted outdoors, consistent with existing guidance for those activities“

So bring your favorite political signs at the meeting…so much for making sense.

2 Likes

just started to catch up on some reading with the posts from the past 4 days… what are some of you guys posting that are getting your posts removed? :sweat_smile: nevermind don’t answer that

I hear some of the concerns- and of course- if the law says we can’t do it- then we won’t do it- simple as that.

Currently I believe a small and simple parking lot meetup is doable. So why not? Just be responsible and follow CDC guidelines. Those who don’t follow the guidelines- well I’m sure there are consequences especially when the perpetrators are greatly outnumbered…

For now let’s do this- I’m going to put this event on temperary hold. There is way and a spot that we can safelty hold a meetup. I just need to plan it correctly. I’m sure you’ll enjoy it- and agree that it will be a safe one. Just need to get a couple things signed off. Until then- on HOLD.

2 Likes