SoCal Toyota Special Lease Offers

I’ve got a quick clarification question, not sure where to ask this but was reading through this thread and curious.

When it comes to calculating the residual value, do you take the residual % and multiply that times the MRSP or the final sale price? i.e. if a car has a residual of 70% and the MSRP is 30,000, the residual value would be estimated at 21,000. If you don’t negotiate beyond MSRP, your financing 9,000. However let’s say you negotiate a cap cost of 27,000. Do you Finance the difference between 27k-21k or take 70% of the negotiated price? Would you finance 6,000 or take 70% of negotiated amount and finance $8,100. Thanks for the help! I want to be able to calculate everything by hand myself so I’m trying to figure out the process.

I believe you multiply residual % by the MSRP, before discounts/rebates/incentives.

Residual is based on MSRP. It won’t change as you negotiate price.

There’s a good tutorial on how to hand calculate a lease payment in one of the blogs.

BTW, you aren’t financing only the depreciation portion of a lease.

3 Likes

Hi, can I get a link please?

That’s the magic of a heavily discounted vehicle. The residual is always based on msrp and the difference between selling price and residual (plus MF interest, if any) is mostly all you have to pay.

1 Like

hi, can i get access to the spreadsheet?

sent.

I am out of office till friday but let me know if there are questions along the way. :slight_smile:

So far have helped 16 Hackrs will crazy good deals this month.

2 Likes

Hi can I get a link? Thx

Hello, could you show the 4Runners you have please

Thanks

Sent you a link with the deals. It will show the 4Runner lease specials.

Can you send me the link to the spreadsheet? Thanks! :slight_smile:

Hey @Cody_Carter, do you know when the '19 CH-Rs or '19 Corolla hatchbacks arrive?

Still debating whether i stick to leasing another luxury car or just go with a more affordable commuter car, since I use my car exclusively for my 16 mile round-trip commute and I walk/Uber for absolutely everything else. But navigation (or at least Car Play) is a must have.

The CHR 19 is arriving in the next few weeks. Corolla hatchback will be end of year.

For CHR they are adding additional trims. LE & Limited

When does the 19 Tacoma’s arrive. Diesel?

Haha i doubt there will be a diesel. ‘19 will be late this year

Can you please send me the link? I’m not finding any deals I can agree on with my boss :slight_smile:

Will any of the 2019’s have Apple CarPlay?
I think I’ve heard the RAV4 and Avalon? Any others?

2019 with Carplay:
Corolla Hatchback
Rav4
Avalon

Hi Cody, looking to get a car. Would you mind sending over your link please. Thanks.