SoCal Toyota Special Lease Offers

My sister is at Toyota Tustin right now and sat down with @Cody_Carter She drove all the way from another city and has nothing to show for it. We got a quote via PM for a one-pay lease at @ $4635.94 for the 2019 Tacoma above- 24/15k and he’s refusing to honor that price. I have that screenshotted if anyone wants to see it.

We then brought up the new grad discount that @Alex got above and he refused to honor that also. If Toyota wasn’t willing to honor the deal as Cody said then why even ask us to come in or quote us?

I feel that we’re getting the run-around and he’s not being totally up-front with us on the pricing of the cars. I’m going to give him 1 chance to make this right while my sister is still standing in the dealership. This is a total waste of our time.

1 Like

To be fair they almost did not honor my college grad. The director initially did not allow for the $500 college grad rebate to stack~ (already a loss on the deal). I was their first one to exercise the college rebate and had my degree and bank statements, paycheck stubs to prove income.

You have to understand~ approvals of rebates can be pulled just like that in any dealership.

Overall you’re still getting an incredible deal for 15k miles on a tacoma. That comes down to $193 a month…?

He’s not doing the deal WITHOUT the college grad rebate either. He won’t honor anything he discussed via PMs regarding the one-pay lease we discussed at $4635.94 for the 2019 Tacoma above- 24/15k.

College grad would’ve been a cherry on-top. We’re going to be writing the GSM and GM of the dealer about this because this is pure bait-and-switch. This has no place on Leasehackr’ if we’re going to play games when people show up.

Honor the deal or don’t offer it at all in writing.

1 Like

I see. @Cody_Carter has been really good with his deals and with members on the forum. Hopefully you guys can work something out. Even @michael our founder has vouched for him.

1 Like

Unfortunately Toyota will not allow a One pay with these special incentives. Its not us trying to play games. I was told you on the phone that I was more than happy to honor the pricing with the 9MSD that I sent to you “in wriiting” but I would not be able to do a One Pay. We found out this information 2 minutes before your sister arrived.

I’ve done 100+ LH deals with never having an issue. I’m not here to play games and I don’t have the time. Now you are your sister are trying to say they truck/deal never existed which is false. Truck is sitting in delivery bay and @Alex is proof that deal is legit.

I guess this is what I get for trying to put a crazy deal out there that no other dealer can touch. Next time I’ll keep it quite and to myself.

8 Likes

For the sake of everyone here, can you tell us the payment delta between a One-Pay and MSDs? Would be good to know what we’re talking about here.

2 Likes

Exactly this… if we’re talking $5/mo. then there’s really nothing to see here.

For what it’s worth, it doesn’t sound like the payment is the issue, it’s the principle of the matter. I can see both sides. For example, my wife and I are saving for a house, and having an extra monthly payment hurts our qualification amount. Could be a similar scenario.

I’ve seen nothing but positive reviews for Cody so I’m sure he’s doing what he can to help your sister get a deal, but if one-pay can’t be done, then it can’t be done. Unfortunate, but it happens.

1 Like

Payment delta is $22 a month. Big enough a difference for my sister who’s a college student and small enough that the dealer should eat it. I’ve helped family lease dozens of cars in the last decade and never had a written quote “change” because the finance company thought it was too good of a deal to give out.

We’re ready to sign and drive for the one-pay lease and that’s why we’re there now.

This isn’t right.

EDIT: I’ll clarify the payment delta was $1,000 more on the one-pay lease. It went from $4.800 to $5,800 when we arrived at the dealership. The $22 above was if you did a whole different structure, put money DAS and did a regular lease.

It’s less than that, I think? Multiply the monthly by 23, not 24, because the first month is included with $0 drive-off.

I’m not going to get involved with mediating this, but I think folks need to determine for themselves whether (1) this was intent to get you in the door and change the terms of the deal, and (2) whether by itself, the deal is still good. For what it’s worth, I’ve had this happen before with another captive.

If the finance arm rejects the deal, better they do it when you’re still there and not after you’ve driven off with the truck - then it needs to be unwound and everyone gets screwed. Its unfortunate that $20 monthly makes or breaks the budget, but I’m guessing the dealer doesn’t have another $500 in this.

3 Likes

Before we all get tossed in the landfill… :joy:

I would expect the dealer to eat the cost as well after getting a quote, hopes high, and making it down to the dealer. BUT, every situation cannot be judged the same. Cody is an excellent asset and if it was within his control, I have no doubt he would pull even more strings. I leased a Highlander from him last year, everything as promised.

2 Likes

I think Cody has too good of a reputation on here to have someone come in and change the deal on them. No need for it as he would loose out on so many potential deals. Things happen and sometimes it’s no ones fault. Hoping everything’s out well for both parties. Good luck

2 Likes

Not asking for mediation on an internet forum however it’s the principle of the matter. We’ll see how the General Manager, Mark Gittin at Tustin Toyota see’s fit to deal with this situation.

If they make this right we’ll come in tomorrow to buy the truck at the agreed on price.

From their site:

“A multiple winner of Toyota’s coveted “Board of Governors” and “President’s” Awards, Tustin Toyota has now been awarded Toyota’s highest honor. The “President’s Cabinet Award” is limited to a maximum of only twelve Toyota dealerships in the United States. The award is bestowed upon the elite of the elite, recognizing a combination of operational superiority, high-volume sales and, most importantly, outstanding customer satisfaction.”

As Warren Buffett said, “It takes 20 years to build a reputation and 5 minutes to ruin it.”

I understand the one-pay comes out a little cheaper.
What happens to all that money you paid upfront once the car gets totalled a few months later?

Sales price that was agreed upon remained unchanged. Simply the one pay rate is not available. I had also mention that there were some hiccups and I would have to hold on. Even before one pay had come up.

I honored the deal to the cent on MSD. i cant provide a rate that TFS wont fund. It’s a -$1000 loser on my end. Now guest is trying to cause a scene and strong arm us. The whole situation is sad.

3 Likes

Sounds like your are blackmailing him. You are obviously pissed, which is understandable, but should probably take a deep breath. Things happen.

3 Likes

I hope this doesn’t deter Cody from helping out the community. It’s unfortunate that this is happening, but things happen. Threatening with the GSM, SM, Warren Buffett quote, and causing a scene sounds a little bit of an overreaction at this point. I can totally understand the frustration, but you have to look at this guys reputation and see how many people can vouch for him. It’s not like he’s doing this on purpose.

4 Likes

Yea dude it doesn’t take skin off my back. If the deal doesn’t get done we don’t get another car (1st Toyota lease) and life moves on.

Lesson learned that PMs aren’t a good way to make a deal.

seems like you got a crappy situation on your hands.

For what it’s worth, the Customer, @Phantomcypher does have a gripe from his standpoint. However, if you absorb all the facts, the Customer should understand that unless @Cody_Carter is going to take money out of his own pocket and add that as an incentive, the deal isn’t going to be done at the price that the Customer wants. TFS won’t fund it.

The funny part (in my opinion) is that I believe the Customer knows he can’t get another deal like this anywhere and is throwing a temper tantrum over it.

My advice is to assess and move on. Either take the deal you have or attempt to replicate it with another dealer. There are way worse sales people out there and it seems like you’re complaining over things which are beyond Cody’s control. I would have been upset like you at first, but understanding the full story would have calmed me down and understood what was going on.

5 Likes