SoCAL LEASE TRANSFER: 2018 LEXUS GX 460 Premium - $372.99/ month including taxes (plus down payment & MSD - total ~$460/ month; $60K car)

I don’t see why people can’t profit from a deal if it is still a good deal for someone.
Cert was 5k and op wants part of it.
If it doesn’t woek for anyone then op will have to sweeten the deal…
Let the market decide un the maeketplace section?

3 Likes

I guess I’m saying that maybe the 3k shouldn’t be so blatant after you asked for the communities help on the lease originally and then want to turn around and ask them 3k for it. Idk I feel its in bad taste.

12 Likes

Thanks @Chessplayer; as you said the marketplace will decide. Actually I had $6K in rebates since my wife had an extra $1K for recent grad.

Bottom line is I am sharing the discount with someone else and they get to save $3K they wouldn’t otherwise have.

1 Like

I do not presume to know the living arrangements of other people in this forum. I was just giving my opinion in regards to your posting.
We all try to profit one way or another, (I have not seen mother Teresa in this forum)
I wish prosperity to you and @nyclife

I know, just a joke. Just annoyed that someone unrelated would have such an issue with my post.

Not a bad deal with exception of the fatty downpayment. The low mileage will be tough to sell.

1 Like

Agree, down payment is going to be dealbreaker. Plus let say if someone is in NYC area who’s paying for shipping?

I don’t see a problem with this guy selling for a “profit.” The deal is still better than what the dealer offers most people.

I mean… he’s acting “one-time” broker. Don’t see a problem with that, if you think $3k down is too much, offer him $2k… $1k … or zero.

It’s a market… let it play out naturally.

4 Likes

@Russ1975 @dukez if you include the “fatty” down payment and amortize it over the lease period, the payment comes out to $461 for a $60,000 car.

Last I checked, this is a marketplace. If someone lives in NYC, I may be willing to pay for part of shipping. I haven’t really set any rules in stone here.

Someone’s interested? Make an offer and we can talk.

It certainly is a marketplace, and apologies if you were offended. We all have different standards, and the marketplace allows for opinions from other users beyond just the seller and the buyer. $3k [yikes, I mean $5,450] down on any lease is tough, whether it’s new or secondhand. Given the 7,500 mileage allotment this will probably be a tough sale here. Hopefully you’re able to offload at asking, but you’ll likely have more luck on swapalease.

This is a rough downpayment + MSDs you’re asking for a check of $5,450. Yea that’s not going to happen…maybe on a credit card at a dealership where people can get points or 0% purchase APR but not cash…

Leasing is supposed to limit your exposure to coming out of pocket not inflate it. Drop the down payment or at least halve it to make it more digestible.

2 Likes

Location? 2020202020

Los Angeles.

I would potentially take a gift card to say…Nordstrom as the $3K down payment. That way people can use their credit card to purchase it and get 0% APR AND points.

Thoughts?

My wife needs a car in December. If it doesn’t sell drop me a line then. I live in LA.

What is a MS certificate?

Morgan stanley has a corporate discount portal called “Living and Giving”. It has your typical auto fleet discount stuff as well as discounts on other products, but one of the things it includes are Lexus discounts. There is a 3k cert on the gx460 which was 5k at the end of last year, really helped bring the lease cost down.I

Interesting. Are there any other ways to get lexus certificates?

Not that I have found. I think there is some sort of Lexus Vehicle Special Purchase Program which is offering 3K off now (which may be the same as the MS Cert).

Headline number (in post title) is misleading in two ways:

Down payment + MSD requirement
Depending on where you live, you could be required to pay tax again when you go to register it.