[SoCal lease deal check] 2020 Mazda CX-5 GT Reserve

Hello fellow members, I would like to get your feedback on the below deal for a 12k miles/ year for 3 yr lease on 2020 CX-5 GT Reserve.I do not have breakdown of numbers yet but I am posting what i have so far

MSRP :36505
monthly payment : $421 ( includes 7.75 % use tax, all govt, dealer taxes and fees) with $0 drive-offs ( only 35 payments)

do you think i should jump on it, or can i do better?

Thanks
GK

Just get something else for that money!

2 Likes

Like what? cant think of anything that could get me 250 hp compact size loaded suv (all these are important ) with $ 0 drive offs in low 400s… care to suggest options?

Volvo xc 60 maybe?

FYI - You can’t do $0 drive off for Mazda this month - There is no first payment waiver so the dealer is likely hiding something.

Go with @AutoNinjas for Mazda they actually have a link where you can see his deals!!

Thanks! @Bguddugud I would also suggest the GT Premium Instead - Leases about $100 better than the GT Reserve.

Thanks for this insight… I am waiting for a detailed breakdown from dealer this AM, will check

test drove gt premium and gT R back to back, GT drives like gran ma… too slow.I got $380/month (51$ less payment on GT)

@AutoNinjas: Could you please point me to your current cx5 GTR deals… I am looking to pay 1st month payment only as part of my drive-offs and ideally would like to stay under 425$/month … Is this something you could help me get?

Yep, XC60 is a great vehicle, if only I could afford it

With conquest, you could get a comparably equipped BMW X1 for less than this. In the right months, you could get a Lexus NX300 for less as well.

Thanks for the suggestions.Im looking to lease SUV asap. Is there a reason why I shouldn’t go with CX5? I like the fact I could do regular fuel with mazda…

You can get x3 for that payment with some msd/drive offs

Thanks. I did Look around for a comparable x3 ( HUD, leather safety features etc) and yeah if I did like 3k msds and another 3-4K $ drive-offs, then may be… I like X3 a lot. If some one on the forum could help get me on with $0 drive offs, I would jump on it

there’s a number of BMW brokers as well as dealers in the SoCal area. If you check in the marketplace section, each has a thread with their contact info.

because the 2.5T CX-5 lease for considerably more than the 2.5 n/a, so once you’re over $400/mo, there are luxury utes available comparably equipped.

It’s not a slight against the CX-5, great vehicle, but not worth overpaying for it.

look carefully again, payment looks high but I’m not paying a single penny for drive-offs… people put $$$ down to bring down monthly payment but I never put any money down on leases…happy to explore more if I could do better

Have you looked at the brokers deals yet? Keep in mind that if their deals says $2000 you can customize this as you want even $0 drive off!! Check @Benedetto for Volvo or @AutoNinjas for Mazda in the broker side.

1 Like

I have, yes. AutoLease ninja’s deal is 2020 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring Reserve AWD $339 Per Month with $1999 DAS + 7.75% use tax+20$ monthly ( non-loyalty) . If my math is right, this is approx. 440$-$450/month with $450 drive-offs… and oh btw, this is 10k miles/year