SoCal 2018 Volvo S90 T6 Momentum ($292 +Tax $0 Down)

Thanks for the insight, I visited dealer again today they are not willing to discount more than 15% from MSRP before incentives on loaner car that has 5,900mi on it.

Texas only has incentive of $5,200 on s90 and I have to pay about $75 on tax monthly, at this point, I may have to give up on S90

That seems to be a problem with Volvo loaners - dealers donā€™t discount them 20% like BMW or MB do.

1 Like

Which dealer are you going to? Of the three in DFW, I found that the one that is probably the most popular to be very unwilling to negotiate on price. I leased an XC90 back in August and Park Place and Crest had almost identical vehicles that I was looking at. The salesperson at Park Place would ignore my emails and played dumb about A Plan. At Crest, I basically told them what I would pay and they agreed to it (at that time, there was a conquest rebate, I had A plan, and they had lease tax incentives which zeroā€™d out the tax which makes leases so awful in Texas). Even now, Park Place happens to be a lot closer to me and I went about 2 weeks ago with a friend who is interested in an XC40 and he got the same treatment.

How much were you able to get the x90 for in DFW? Iā€™m also in the area and looking for good S90 and XC90 deals.

Park Place will never give you a killer deal on any carā€¦

Iā€™ve tried multiple brands from Park Place in the past and never had any luck. I visited Crest Plano Volvo this time and got offered 15% on S90 T5 loaner that has 5,900mi and they wonā€™t go further, at this point, Iā€™m looking at E300 loaners which Iā€™m targeting 25% discount from MSRP but letā€™s seeā€¦

The Volvo incentives (except for Aplan) stack on loaners so that may make total discount >25%. When I joined this site, I was looking for the elusive 25% off e300 loaner deal (and applying incentives and buy rate MF on top of it). Tried fairly hard for a few months before turning to new S90 which ended up easier to hack.

Volvo incentives($5,200 in TX) makes total discount rate of 24% which result in monthly payment of $427+tax .

Iā€™ve seen multiple people were able to get non loaner s90 in $300s, I donā€™t feel comfortable paying $427+tax on $55k s90 loaner.

Yeah, with the S90, being able to use that $3k A-plan is key (as that is additional 5-6% off) - otherwise you almost need 20% off to get a good deal. Also, I believe the RV is lower than it was earlier in the year which doesnā€™t help.

Anyone had any good S90 deals in So Cal lately?

1 Like

I tried here in SD and they didnā€™t even come back with a counter ā€¦ lazy . I tried buying a few cars and seems like nobody wants to deal until you north towards LA. If you come across this deal I want in so cal again I want in :ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

haha sounds familiar. I have a so cal dealer who wonā€™t respond to my requests but will keep emailing saying, ā€œJust following up with your inquiry.ā€ LOL. I agree, if you find any deals let me know! I will do the same!

Itā€™s crazy they have plenty in the lot and 2019s are here and coming yet donā€™t put any effortā€¦ will keep you posted if I get a deal and share it around here for all so cal.

2 Likes

Incentives have changed. Cant stack dealer discount beyond 6% with A plan. What deal are you looking for?

1 Like

Same as op. If the deal comes back around awesome if not itā€™s not a big deal. Didnā€™t even think about Volvo until I say this deal.

3 Likes

I am with you. Never looked at Volvoā€™s until I saw the deals being posted. I decided to put a little leg work and was able to get this deal. April was a pretty good month to buy a Volvo.

4 Likes

Get job ā€¦ the dealer here wonā€™t even pencil me back said we are so far away ā€¦ and im not in a rush so didnt try many places A+++ deal. If you find one like it In so cal Iā€™m happy to pay a broker $$ :grinning:

2 Likes

OP shows 64% they dropped then 6% that quick dang no more 300 deals unless they kick the residuals up. Plenty of dealers with huge discounts

1 Like