Smarter to lease in NY or WA for a Honda HR-V?

Hello all, gotta question. Say you are leaving upstate NY in 3 weeks (apartment lease is up) to head to WA to stay for at least 2 months on a temp assignment, longer if you find a job in your field. You need to lease a new vehicle, as your piece of poopie SUV isn’t going to make the trek across the country. You have a choice of leasing in NY & driving your vehicle over to WA & then where ever you end up after, or renting an SUV for around $780 for 4 day to head over to WA and then lease a Honda HR-V there. Taxes are different (all up front in NY, not in WA) and general lease pricing -based on manufacturer’s websites when you enter zipcodes)- are different, & look to be better in NY?

Anyhoo, which is smarter? Lease your Honda in NY & drive it to WA, or rent an SUV for $780 & then find a deal in WA?

-Flying to WA isn’t an option, as I have to bring the dog with me & she cannot fly.

Thoughts?

HRV iirc isn’t a good choice, low profit on that @HondaSoCal mentioned. So choose again if you’re leasing. Look through shared deals to see what’s good.

Liked the Honda for the cargo configurations over the other 3 vehicles that I test drove. If I can get one for $200/mo lease & $1000 DAS I’d go for that one…

But second choice was a Toyota RAV4 LE, but it didn’t have the configuration I need like the Honda. Is that a better choice?

The only way to avoid double-taxation is to purchase/finance it.

HRV probably leases terribly anyway. I doubt your numbers are realistic

I say just get it here instead, if you like I can work up a no commitment no hassle quote for yah