Small Luxury Car 500/mo Budget, 15k miles, tax free state, 0 down

NH.
One of 5 states without sales tax.

@Gunten we just wanna a make sure. If you can stretch your budget for a little bit, m340 is the best bang for a small sedan.

Yeah sales tax free but we get hit hard on registration.

Have a 2018 civic that I am going to sell to carvana, would it be worth asking if they would buy it out instead of them?

That isn’t too bad, pushing what I want to spend but I do like that car.

Yeah definitely going to try if there is a chance, if not I think I will be happy with the 330i. Any reason to choose the bmw over the volvo? I know bmw is more popular but the new volvo has a lot of cool tech. Gonna try and test drive both later today.

Check with vroom Carvana shift and other car buying sites. Dealer may match the offer but I’d advise just getting a check from them if they will match or apply the payout to MSD/inception instead of CCR for best liability protection.

Carvana beat out vroom by a good bit, ill try out shift and see. Thanks for all the help so far! If I was leaning towards the 330i, what type of range do you think I could expect with no msds?

Totally depends on the build. A nicely equipped 330i can eclipse the MSRP of a base M340i but will generally be easier to get higher discount on.

Awesome, appreciate the advice. I will update you once I can go test drive and see what numbers I get back. Any reason to focus on BMW over the volvo s60?

None in particular.

If you like Volvo better by all means go with that. Perhaps someone better versed in that brand can offer some advise on how to proceed but the principles are more or less the same regarding discounts and qualifying for incentives.

I would say that you should still try the Volvo. The seats are often rated the best and most comfortable among competitors. Depending on trim, etc., the Volvo could cost less comparably equipped. It could come down to things like seat comfort and/or color. The R-design has larger bolsters and some people prefer that. The inscription has seats with a 4-way adjustable lumbar and seat extension (so does the R-design). The momentum seats are a little more basic but still comfortable.

1 Like

@Gunten yup, pick the one that you want and focus on that. If you’re particular with the price, then focus on that too. Your choices are great cars and it will be under your budget. I heard a lot of good things on all 3 cars that you chose. We can’t tell you what to pick but before you sign the dotted line, come back here and let’s check if the numbers are right.

Awesome, thank you very much for the advice. I’ll have some updates once I can test drive!

Tested out the Volvo and the BMW. Loved them both. BMW was giving me a hard time with numbers and wouldn’t come down further below $588 and I haven’t negotiated yet on the Volvo but they had it at 599 for a 56k msrp car, and the BMW was 50k msrp. BMW was also not giving me the break out of the discount as to what incentives were included and such. Gonna get some numbers from other dealers and compare.

@Gunten go to a different dealership. Check numbers here and present it to them. Never ask for a quote. Once you presented that, they know you’re an experienced buyer and treat like one

1 Like

Unless registration is about $3k/yr and you pay about another 7% of your income on real estate tax, I don’t want to hear it. LOL. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The price quotes they gave you on both cars are irrelevant. Figure out the deal you want and take it to them.

Where in NH are you? I’ve heard good things about Lovering. If not, @Bostoncarconcierge is in Massachusetts, and he has both BMW and Volvo deals. If anything, they could set a benchmark for you.

Hey Thanks!

Yes I can make either happen no problem. Volvo without even stepping foot at the dealer.

1 Like

Or dont go to dealer at all without concrete numbers…

1 Like