Slowest Selling New & Used Cars In America

Time to hack an Outlander.

1 Like

Should have titled the article the “Ugliest and Slowest Selling New & Used Cars in America”

2 Likes

I see the Buick Encore is on the list. I’m in the process of purchasing a new one. The MSRP is $26,000 and i’m looking at a purchase price of around $16,500 (dealer fee included). LOL!

I’ll keep it 3 months, get my new Acadia in the meantime (add on $1,000 loyalty) and then sell it to Carvana/Vroom/Carmax who are quoting me around $20k for it right now.

6 Likes

We got an Encore from Avis when we were in Charleston earlier this year.

If I had to choose between driving an Encore or a RAV4 for 3 years, no question… Encore.

1 Like

72.4 days is what a Mitsubishi dealer calls “a fast mover”

Now Ford Fusion Hybrids, even mom isn’t coming to that birthday celebration in the storage lot.

1 Like

Speaking of which, haven’t seen any Avalon lease deals yet. Would be a great poor man’s ES350 if the program can get up to speed

In all fairness…those numbers are from February and the next Outlander model wasn’t out just yet. So they were only selling the 2020 model at the time.

I :heart: a good Mitsubishi apologist.

1 Like

No wonder why the prices of cars are going up. No one wants to buy cheap, ugly cars.

Who definitely doesn’t wear a “Mitsubishi Industries” photo id to work

LOL…come on now. I’d never buy a Mitsubishi but there’s a reason those ugly 2020 clunks are sitting on the lot forever. Same reason the 2020 Nissan Pathfinder is.

Never happen. I lease many many toyos each month. Never once did I lease an avalon

The average Avalon buyer is 78 years old and doesn’t believe in “making all those payments just to have nothing at the end.”

7 Likes

Just be careful here- I am hearing rumblings on this forum of GM either not allowing 3rd party buyouts or going the route of VW/Audi of market value 3rd party buyouts coming soon. If you can get the title to the Buick and pay cash or have a non-captive loan, nothing to see here.

It sucks but I can see all brands going the route of market value 3rd party buyouts with the crazy used car market. They want the equity for themselves/their dealers as a CPO vehicle rather than letting Carmax make the profits.

1 Like

They take the initial risk, I’m surprised most allow it honestly. Want to sell your car, buy it…I know as a broker I want the best for my clients but you’re signing a contract with banksters. Your bottom line only matters at signing. They don’t want you to make money off their investment.

Want to make money off the banks investment, buy real estate

Yep exactly. Nissan just stopped all 3rd party buyouts as of 5/3. Luckily I got out of my Rogue and sold to Carmax about a month and a half ago. Once a few manufacturers start doing this, it will spread like wildfire.

1 Like

It’s going to be a purchase, not a lease. The rebates are much bigger on a purchase which makes the selling price considerably lower. I don’t think they can tell me what I can and can’t do with a purchase. With a lease all bets are off obviously.

Yes all bets are off on a lease, but wouldn’t be surprised if captive banks (GM Financial in this instance) figure out a way to have two different payoffs on a purchase with this crazy used car market, or something such as having to pay back incentives if sold in X amount of time or make huge pre-payment penalties if the car is financed. Until the title is in your name, GM still holds all the cards, unless you used a non-captive lender or paid cash.

Would you be interested in listing the selling price and the incentives on this deal ? Is this a unicorn deal or something someone else could snag ?

Are you including some of your GM credit card rebate points in this deal ?

Doing a quick search where I am (SoCal) the best price I see is around $20k. So if, for example, you had $3500 GM card points I could see how you got there.

Not a unicorn deal at all. It’s just a few hundred dollars better then their internet price advertised on their webpage.

Basically, it’s $25,500 msrp, a $4,250 discount, a $4,100 rebate and the price includes their $599 dealer fee so that’s how I get to $16,500ish.