Signed: Volvo XC60 T5 momentum AWD $520/month incl. tax, $2000 DAS

Have been shopping around for couple weeks. Initially got a deal for Tiguan SEL Premium R-line 4motion, but later realized I can probably up for the XC60 with $100 more per month. Shopped around 4 Volvo dealers and eventually came back to the first dealer contacted.

It’s kind of hard to find the pkg / options we want within 50k MSRP limit as I don’t care about premium sound etc. Premium pkg, and heating is more important to us (being in NorCal, it can be cold any day of the year). Like the brownish leather seating.

This is the 2nd time we lease a 50k MSRP car. Previously it was a RR Evoque. We always seem to get the total payment for 3 years for about 20k. Maybe that’s the norm for our area (too many rich ppl). Happy to have feedback on that matter.

Another thing that’s kind of interesting is the MSD amount, usually it should be a multiple of monthly. But for us it’s a fraction not sure why. I couldn’t even put it into the calculator so trying to match it up roughly.

PM me if you are local and interested in similar deal. I found this particular dealer to be more willing to negotiate upfront even via text.

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: Volvo XC60 Momentum AWD, with premium, leather & heating pkg.
Saved Numbers on Leasehackr Calculator:

**MSRP: $**50410
**Selling Price: $**44444
**Monthly Payment: $**520 incl. tax
**Cash Due at Signing: $**2000 incl MSD
**MSD:**289
Incentives: Not sure. But we don’t have coscto membership etc.

Months: 36
**Annual Mileage:**10,000
**MF:**0.00091
**Residual:**59

**Region:**San Francisco Bay area
**Leasehackr Score:**8.2 years

1 Like

You should get more discount on selling price,chase for 13-14 %off from msrp, if you don’t have Costco member bonus.

Thanks for your comment. We probably could get there but was afraid the back and forth will take more time, plus opportunity to lose the color/pkg combination we want. Tried a 13.7 off MSRP calculation, seems to yield $30 cheaper per month. I think I can live with that:

Also,I think T5 has $1000 incentive from Volvo,

You would not get 13-14% off, maybe another $500-600 (10.5-11% off total before $1K allowance), so don’t worry about that.
But MF is marked up - should be .00083, and MSDs are messed up.
Should be something like this, without your $910 down payment and with 10 MSDs:

1 Like

Yeah not sure how your MSDs can just be 289 but if it was wrong I think their system would process it. shrug

1 Like

Thank you all for the feedbacks!

I assume MSD still refundable if the car is totaled? Looks like many people in this forum get amazing deals with full MSDs. Is that a common strategy?

They did not do MSDs, just played with numbers.
@figoLease - check your contract. MSDs would be listed on a separate line, like “Security Deposit”
MSDs are refundable.

yes I checked. It’s a weird number of 289, not even 1MSD.

Either you are mistaken or your contract will be kicked back. Can you post the contract?

Here it is:

It was a Tuesday and finance mgr is ooo. So sales manager did the paper work.

5c is N/A, so there isn’t any MSD. $289 was for title fees.

3 Likes

Oh you are right. I misread :slight_smile: time to change my eyeglasses

Here’s the updated calculation for reference.

And to @Ursus turns out my MF is right on 83. Looks like a potential 10 MSD can save me 1500 for 3 years on interest. Next time I will definitely consider it.

Have a thought - can i put MSD down after signing the lease to lower the monthly? Does financing company allow that, similar to refinance where you may restructure your loan?

Anyone done that before? @Jon @Ursus?

Once the contract is funded, it is official and the terms cannot be changed.

1 Like

What Jon said, but if it’s been a day or two you can ask the dealer whether they have send it to Volvo yet. But I doubt they’d want to deal with redoing contract anyway.

2 Likes

Called dealer today and was told the contact has sent to bank so too late.

Btw I do find some dealer allowance on Volvo website, but it says select models so not sure if applicable to my T5.

Is allowance or incentive something that dealer is obligated to disclose, since it’s from manufacturer’s policy? I didn’t recall they mention it.

Is this like “when you buy this model you will get this rebate” kind of thing? Or “you could but may not”?

Build your car and then go to the Payment Estimator from the Summary and enter your zip code. This will show you current incentives. Dealers don’t have to give it to you.