**** SIGNED: Volvo XC60 T5 Momentum 4 DR

I just closed on a new 2021 Volvo XC60 T5 Momentum 4DR. Climate package.
Here’s the details:

MSRP: $45,955
Selling Price: $37,044
Monthly Payment: $411
Drive-Off Amount: $0 (waived first month’s payment)
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 7500
MF: 0.00051
Adjusted MF: 0.00021 (I put down 6 MSD)
Residual: $26194.36 (57%)

Here’s all the info on the sheet
Dealer Service Fee: $799
ETR: $199 – Not sure what is this
Tax: 0 (I live in Dekalb there is 9% tax)
GA Lemon Law: $3.00
License Fee: $21.00
Title Fee: $18.00
Acquisition fee: $995.00
Incentives: I qualified for conquer program ($1000), dealer paid first payment $411 and my last existing car payment of $412
Region: ATL
Leasehackr Score:9.2 years
Leasehackr Calculator Link: leasehackr.com/calculator?make=Volvo&miles=7500&msd=6&msrp=45955&sales_price=37044&months=35&mf=.0005100&dp=0&dealer_fee=1839&acq_fee=995&taxed_inc=0&untaxed_inc=0&rebate=0&resP=57&reg_fee=42&sales_tax=0&demo_mileage=0&memo=Volvo%20XC60%20T5%20Momentum%204DR%20&monthlyTax_radio=true&bmw_demo_25=true&dealerFee_check=false&govFee_check=false

I actually did not get too deep into each itemized line with the sales guy. It was young and very nice. I met with him and another sales guy a couple of times and told him I needed to make a decision this week. And this would be the last time I’d be back as I did not even get a quote last time. Told him I wanted to spend $15000 all-in cost for the lease. So he backed up the price. I did not ask for conquer discount program but told him I have a Mercedes currently bc he met more than half way at $16,056 all-in cost initially. That monthly payment was $446. Knowing he was only about $1K off from where I wanted to be, then I told him I would sign today if he would waive first month’s payment and pay my existing car’s last month’s payment of $412. He agreed. I ended up rolling the $412 into my lease rather than a check up front. All in cost of the lease is $14,385 which is less than I was willing to pay. So I would say that’s a win! I don’t know how he worked the numbers with “zero tax” but I got the calculator pretty close to my monthly payment.

Congratulations.

What is the Lease Cash in your area? You can find it on Volvo’s Lease Offers website or in the “Estimate Payment” button if you build your car using the configuration tool.

I’m not too sure if I am looking at the right place but I see $2,250 cash allowance. I actually don’t see anything on conquer program this month. I live in 30341 zipcode.

Is the payment estimator tool still available? Or is it hidden somewhere else? - looks like Volvo updated their layout.

No, it’s not. What if you could have had this car for $13k? But you don’t know if you could have because you approached this in the wrong way.

Too late now but I understand I probably shouldn’t have approached it with the total cost approach. I guess I’ve been dealing with other dealers (Acura, Lexus, and MB) by plugging in each itemized line… fees, rebates, etc but was not able to get anyone to budge. So I thought I’d try it a little differently and have them figure out where they’ll discount it to make it work. :woman_shrugging:t2:

So could I have gotten it for $13k? I’m on 30341 GA. I haven’t seen any shared deals lately that showed or close to it.

No I don’t see the “estimator”. I do think they redesigned their site

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with a total cost approach, as long as your target total cost is based on something real. The issue here is that your metric for what is a good total cost doesn’t seem to be grounded in anything relevant.

4 Likes

You have to go to the build summary page after you configure the car. It is there.

At the summary page, now you only have the option to “Get local price”, which I don’t want to do. Is there another way to get to the payments tool to lookup incentives?

For Atlanta area that is a fantastic deal, looks like a little over 12% discount excl incentives. By the way TAVT rate for leasing is 6.6% here not 9% as you said. Here’s the calculator updated with your numbers (I did it quickly and bundled fees but seems I’m within $2 of your payment):

1 Like

You can use Costco Auto/AutoBytel.