SIGNED v2: 2018 Honda Clarity Base - NEW - $1000 DAS - $282 monthly. Re-signed 1/1/19

Must be nice in OC.
We in LA are paying over $3.69 for regular and $4 for premium.
I just filled up at $3.999 / gallon for my BMW.

SELF SERVE & prices are outrageous compared to the rest of the nation.

Excellent deal you got. Iā€™m in So Cal. Can you please PM your dealer please? I need to buy soon. Thanks!

Not if you have a Costco membershipā€¦

Can you please send your ā€œtransparent dealerā€ list? Thanks in advance!!

True. The lines are ridiculous. People complain about long charging times for evs but waiting in line to get gas for 30-50 min is fine is guess. The one by my house regularly has rows of 10+ cars waiting for each pumpā€¦lol.

Hi guys,
Shopping for 2018 ā€œleftoverā€ clarity touring here in so cal, but not getting anywhere close to the deals I see here. I have been using email and text communications only. This is the best deal so far:

Dealer email: ā€œWith no money out of your pocket the monthly payments is $476 including tax for 3 years lease at 12K miles.(we only got 3 of this car left in stock.ā€ He says msrp for 2018 clarity touring is 37999 for my zip code her in OC

What do you guys think?

Also, for the most part, whenever I try to get to the specific numbers (msrp, incentives, etc), I get the silent treatment from most dealers. Is this normal? Makes me feel like I should call or go in person to negotiate?! Maybe email/text is not the best strategy?!

Canā€™t believe some dealers are still hanging onto their 2018 when the 2019 are already here.

Try another dealer- go out of your area. Try LA or Riverside county.

Incentives are very similar on a 2018 as my deal but you have to find a dealer that wants to move out their car.

PM me if you want some tips & dealer infoā€¦

And this one is a winner. They have 20 units from 2018.

The only reason why I pulled trigger on 2018 was the discounts over the 2019.
I leased mine during the last days of JAN19 (28th). According to lease docs, MSRP was close to $39K and the final price was $26,8xx pretty substantial discounts (above the standard $7500 GOVT). Then take off the state rebate of $1500 and any city/county discounts and it drops the price even further (on the Clarity forum site people in other states claimed low $22K when the discount/rebates all settled.
After I got my Clarity Touring deal, my friend was interested and first week in FEB the price jumped $35 a month ($390 to over $425) . I did see some crazy deals on the Clarity base during NOV/DEC time frame but by FEB they dried up around SOCAL/SD county. I was surprised how the lease deals dropped faster than other cars during the same period.

Hi 4sallyPat! Thx for your feedback

Just got 2 offers 1 in oc and one in LA

1. Oc: 2018 touring, 414 monthly with taxes, 0das, 15 kmiles.

2. LA; 2018 base, 320 monthly with 0das, 15k miles

I like the leather option, but itā€™s almost 100 bucks more per monthā€¦

Ate these good deals?

Thx

The base is the best for the money.
I already have another car with the fancy leather and nice stuff but I got the base Clarity as a commuter car as I donā€™t need navigation between home and work and no one else drives the car to and from work (seat adjustment/memory).

And everything the base has everything I need: LED lights, 18" wheels, sport mode, and comfy cloth/vinyl seats.

The touring should be $80 more than the base so you if you are set on the touring, offer them $400 with tax included and see if you can get that.

Can I get some suggestions too?

This was what I was quoted.

Iā€™ve told the dealer Iā€™m interested in leasing but they never asked me how many miles.

Should I ask them what the monthly would look like? Or were they assuming I should calculate that myself?

I think I heard that there are no lease deals ($6K) for 2019 Clarity at this time - will probably get better near the end of the year.

If you are dead set on a 2019, you can do a finance to claim the $6K plus dealer discount as you have seen $8220 off MSRP. Donā€™t know if finance will give you a 0.9% APR - probably canā€™t combineā€¦

To get the best lease deal look for a leftover 2018 which has a much better lease incentive.

Well, if you do, the Base has Carplay anywayā€¦so you have navigation.

Or Android radioā€¦:sunglasses:

Yes, Apple Carplay and Android Auto is good for navigation using your smartphone but it requires it being plugged into it.

Wish it was available with wireless Bluetooth insteadā€¦

Does 320 incl tax? Can you PM the dealer info?

Anyone know where thereā€™s any 2018 in so cal?

A simple search on Autotrader will tell you where the closest ones are. There are about 30 within 25 miles from my zip.

1 Like