Signed: Mazda CX-5 Touring AWD - $325/mo + tax (WA)

Mazda CX-5 AWD Touring - this car is a bit pricier than the FWD version that is more common. It doesn’t have the preferred package - that would’ve added $20 to the monthly payments.

2021 Mazda CX-5 AWD Touring
Machine grey metallic paint
Seattle, Washington

MSRP: $30,480
Selling Price: $27,833
Monthly Payment: $ 343+tax ($380)
Drive-Off Amount: $380 (only first month)
All fees are rolled into monthly payment.

Equivalent payment for $1k DAS should be $325/mo.

Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 10k
MF: Base (.00108)
Residual: 61% ( I think )
Incentives: none
Region: pnw

Leasehackr Score: 10/10 ( self assessment )
This deal was hard. The calculator score is not reflective of the current market conditions (especially for pnw). :joy:

Leasehackr Calculator Link

CA has a lower MF but I didn’t find a dealer who would discount as much. The shipping or transport would’ve wiped out that gain anyway.

Somehow not thrilled about the deal since I was leasing a BMW 330i for $350+tax till 2020. But SUVs in general cost more and the current market sucks. It is what it is.

3 Likes

Nice, how hard did the dealers make it?

The calculator score is as equally useless now as any other time.

Which dealer offered you this deal? I’m looking for a similar one.

Thank you

I think I made it a bit hard upon myself trying to save another $1500 on this lease, looking for 10-12% off on MSRP, casting a wide net to reach Oregon and SoCal dealers.

I also shopped simultaneously for the Tiguan and RAV4 - to see if they were cheaper (they aren’t). Then I tried to see if I could upgrade to an XC40 for +$100/mo (also a dead end).

I was able to get to this price within a week of my search, but kept pressing on for more than a month trying to find something better.

1 Like

Another tactical error was not noting down the precise dollar amount of the offered monthly price and sale price when it was first provided by this dealer. I usually do this with every offer, but I felt that it will soon be outdated & beaten.

When I called the dealer back a few weeks later I had to ask them to remind me of the exact amounts - and they used that as an excuse to claw back some cash ($500) on the deal. At that point they probably figured their’s was the lowest bid, though I tried to make them believe otherwise. Mazda also raised the MF slightly in June.

I doubt that this dealer will replicate off the bat - the buyer needs to be a bit negotiation savvy to get here.

On the upside - if someone is trying to replicate, I would suggest making similar offers to dealers this week and see who blinks before June 31. The competitive offers are all from dealers far out of Seattle.

Also stay away from the artisanal scammers in Renton, WA known as Walker Mazda!

My last deal (from 2019) had a score of ~9. This deal has a score of 7.5. The calculator measures payments relative to the MSRP, but it doesn’t measure the discount potential of the car.

I guess it’s still a good indicator for buy vs lease arguments.

I find the calculator score useful when comparing the same car across multiple dealers.

This is pretty much the only good use of it

1 Like

Wow MF is crazy compared to NY.

Wow… That is a good deal… I am trying to find a good deal myself for a 2021 Mazda 3 2.5T Premium+. CA-Socal not looking good

Best I’ve gotten in socal is ~$360 all in, sign and drive on a ~$29k FWD Touring, but it’s like pulling teeth around here. I’m still thinking about it.

Browning Mazda (Cerritos), Mazda Valencia and Mazda Orange came close to my numbers for the CX-5. I would think there’s more room to discount on a sedan compared to an SUV. But if the trim is very niche/unique, then it will be harder to score a deal. Eg. Carbon edition or gt reserve. Howver, I’ve seen the GTs get big discounts towards the end of the year when the model year will soon be outdated.

You didn’t mention in your post you wanted a P+: there are only 23 of that trim in the entire US, vs the 200-ish 2.5Ts

These people that got deals on CX-5s? There are 9,014 on the ground. It’s not because they are Mazdas: that model leases better and there are more of them (not a normal supply of either, mind you).

1 Like

Exactly - I wasn’t familiar with the Mazda3 trim levels but I sensed that it was something niche.

1 Like