Around the 1st week of October i popped on here to ask about people experience getting the equity out of their lease.
While i did not get a clear picture, i did receive some great tips and ideas.
The GLA had a residual of $24,600 (locally a similar GLA sells for (lists for) $30,000-$33,000)
We used the $5,774 equity toward the GLB.
Its a 2021 GLB 4matic w/12" touchscreen, garage opener, rear foot control, heated seats, profile memory, etc…
10,000 miles annually
Our one-time total payment was $13,741.
The listed total payment is $19,600
Minus the equity of $5,770
The gross cap cost: $40,475
The adjusted cap cost: $42,320
The residual: $25,218
There is a longer story here
- spans five weeks
- involves odd sales tactics
- receiving a different vehicle than the one we signed for (newer, better model)
- finance department being unable to enter the contract into the Mercedes Finance system after three hours and two guys trying
- receiving a contact that has numbers that do not line up…after already paying
- getting called three days after paying and asked to pay (due to a mistake on contract which was already paid)
* another $1300 which i declined
* another call asked for $550, again i declined
* a 3rd call asking for $300…i offered to pay $100 if they would stop calling
- No MSDs included in contract