Signed lease 3 weeks ago, don’t like car

More than once, I’ve had dealers offer to let me take it overnight on a D tag if I was on the fence. And when I was specifically shopping a car a couple leases ago I wasn’t familiar with, I sought it out specifically from rental car place (airport always has best selection).

3 Likes

What does carvana say they’ll give you for it vs your buy out?

1 Like

Toyota has a program like that, not sure if it is available at every dealership.

1 Like

Depends on your region. AZ it was normal but CA parking is an issue so most store use Enterprise.

1 Like

CX-30 infotainment system looks just like BMW, probably just as craptastic.

If you are thinking about getting a car, check if it’s on Turo. A great way to test drive a car is by renting it for a few days. A dealership test drive isn’t enough time.

3 Likes

that is why you goto 6 dealerships to drive the same car and waste 6 saleperson’s time

1 Like

Agreed. Pretty much any car in that class will lose its luster quickly. They’re utilitarian first and foremost. If you want something that fires you up, get a sports car or high end luxury.

Invest your spare 8k in the market or Microsoft or tesla stocks and in 3 years, after your lease on mazda is over, you will be able to buy a cybertruck

4 Likes

Thank you OP. Think I really should test drive the car I wanted for more than 3 times if possible, just to make sure that I dont stuck with something I dont like for 3 yrs and paying $$$.

Turo is probably the closest thing to secure a particular make/model/year, although YMMV on car selection depending on where you’re located.

Do we actually know you’re $8k negative? At most you have 35 payments of $297 or $10,400. It would be nuts to pay the equivalent of $229/mo upfront just to dump a car with a $297 payment. Especially after putting $3k down.

Would really behoove you to get some carvana/shift/vroom offers this weekend before you spin yourself up.

Check with your dealership if they have return or exchange policy?

Leave it unlocked with the keys in it

My favorite type of LH post: fraud

Your car insurance won’t cover that if they can prove it was stolen due to willful neglegence.

1 Like

Jesus Christ… Clearly it was a Joke.

3 Likes

if you somehow get out of this lease before the time is up, highly suggest you look elsewhere than Hyundai. What was your DAS and your monthly for the car? If you are within a certain price range, find the nicest car you can get in that price range offered by a broker here. Test drive it from turo etc… I highly doubt you are gonna love a Hyundai that much more than a Mazda.

Ask Thelma and Louise to take it for the weekend…also a joke BTW.

Was gonna say this as well. But then again, nothing in this class is going to be fun to drive. But then again, cars are funny things because after a few weeks your brain will see pretty much anything you bought as just transportation. The cx30 isn’t that bad

1 Like

I test drove my CX9 back to the X3 and chose the CX9. Infotainment is fine, it made my wife’s last gen Acura look like a DOS prompt and it’s plenty fun for a 3 row SUV with one of the best interiors in the non luxury class.

If you thought you’d learn to “love” a compact crossover maybe just have lower expectations. It’s not a 911 and I can’t see anyone loving their Hyundai either. They’re the definition of appliances.

1 Like