Signed: Bolt EV Premier in Colorado - MSRP $44k, $156/month, $0 DAS

Firstly, I am so grateful to Leasehackr and all the Leasehackrs. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I only discovered you about 12 days ago. I read as much as possible, learned about RV/MF/DAS, tried to reverse engineer the calculator, then signed our first hacked lease deal last night. Woohoo!

The goal was to find the cheapest possible second car, but in the end we went for a fully loaded Premier trim (children + dog = leather is a must). A funny story… we ran out of power half way home from the dealership. Maybe our deal was so good they didn’t even want to give us a free charge :wink: MFers.

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: Chevrolet Bolt EV Premier w/ All Packages
MSRP: $43,915
Monthly Payment: $156 (post-tax)
Drive-Off Amount: $0
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 10k
MF: 0.00051
Residual: 53%
Incentives: 13,100 (Lease, Costco, Conquest, Colorado EV)
Region: Colorado
Leasehackr Score: 22.5 years (29.0 on LH Calculator with similar numbers)
Leasehackr Calculator Link: Haven’t got the numbers to match yet

Here’s my custom spreadsheet matching the final signed numbers to the cent:

And here’s a photo after running out of power on way home from dealership:

The Bolt is surprisingly good in snow. Even compared to our Subaru Crosstrek. It feels planted and inspires confidence, which I really didn’t expect compared to the Scooby Doo. It’s nice and zippy too. I literally didn’t know what a Chevy Bolt was 12 days ago. And now we have one.

Thanks again to everyone who helped. Will do my best to repay on the forum.

10 Likes

Congrats! you noted it’s good in the snow, which I have no doubt about… but be aware that range goes down in cold weather as much as 40%, so plan ahead.

But great car, and great price - congrats!

Nice job on taking the time to learn. Makes car buying much more enjoyable. Enjoy the new car !

2 Likes

Excellent deal, I’ll PM you for the dealer. I like to keep a running list of who’s worth talking to and like to see if my guesses are right. My LT was $130 at 12k/yr with the Colorado EV and all the rebates back in January.

Just confirmed with the OP, same dealer I got mine from

4 Likes

Incredible deal. Nice percent discount off MSRP.

How is your taxed incentive line $13,100?

Also, how did you go about negotiating the MSRP discount?

1 Like

Hi @49er,

6750 lease incentive
3000 costco
1500 conquest
1850 colorado

The final lease docs even showed 13,100 total incentives.

The dealer’s website shows 10% discount already, so I just worked on it from there. They agreed to 14.7% off an LT, but in the end we went for the Premier at a slightly lower discount.

2 Likes

Wow so an LT with DCFC would have been $2800 one pay

Calculator

All of their LTs were fully loaded, so it would be more than that; maybe $3000-3500.

The tax credit is $2000, not $1850 unless something changed or this is something else

https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/sites/default/files/Income69.pdf

I thought it was $2k too. I also thought it was a tax credit and I’d need to apply for it with my tax return. Maybe they skimmed $150 off it or something else happened. I never did get a break down of the $13100 in incentives. I just told them I was eligible for that number and then it was on the contract. I had to send a photo of my Costco card, but that was it. No pay slips, no money, nothing.

If it turns out it’s a stolen car and I’m a victim of an elaborate scheme, I’ll only be slightly surprised.

I suspect they wanted the car gone and maybe had some secret dealer coupons they applied to the deal, regardless if the deal funds and they don’t call you back to resign at a new number, you can get the tax credit next year. The $2000 tax credit has nothing to do with the dealer and is claimed when you do your taxes next year. Looks like your deal is better than expected

There is a pass thru fee of $150 if you assign the rebate directly to the dealer. hence the $1850. No waiting for tax time.

Don’t mean to be a killjoy here, congrats and great deal but I’d like to remind folks that in our wonderful city we have an ownership tax due every year thalease t goes down with age > 5 years and I’m betting it’s at least $1000 or more for the 5 year for car value of $45k - just factor that in :sunny: for most folks that’s probably a given but for those financially challenged who need a car for $100pm / zero down they may get a surprise after the first year of ownership.

That’s not the only thousand-dollar surprise… there’s also insurance :frowning:

Yes, they also add on a tax here for EVs when you go to pay the initial tax on a new vehicle as you are not paying the tax for the roads every time you buy gas and its also funds the free charger I think, I remember it was $200 for my $4000 Leaf, I was a little shocked. insurance was more too and of course the insurance agent could not tell me why.

Don 't get me wrong, I’d do the above deal in a second, they also have $49/month 150mile leafs up there in Longmont, CO. Just can’t justify a new payment right now :frowning: but the longer I spend on this site the more my thrifty steadfastness is waining!

I see a Taycan Turbo S in your future! :slight_smile:

Didn’t know that, any details anywhere on that?

Never mind, read through the PDF and found it, you are correct. @todsul looks like they already included the $2000 minus the $150 pass through fee, thanks @donrafa7 for pointing that out.

So my buddy said his user fees for our city were about 2% of his MSRP on his 2020 Leaf last year about $680 so not too bad. Not $3k like I suggested! This will go down each year.

The plates are always 2% of whatever magical value the county applies, electrics get hit with an extra $50 since they don’t contribute to gasoline taxes

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Please keep all your “wanted” ads here - Part 3