Signed: bmw i8 coupe SOLD

Thanks to the LH community I scored this yesterday. Super fun car to drive. I originally was going to go with the roadster but cant fit the kids in the back of that.

Be as specific as possible in the title if you are posting a deal – include car model, monthly payment, and money down.

Include as much information as possible in your post, and even a celebratory picture. :wink:

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2019 BMW I8 COUPE
MSRP: $ 157095
Monthly Payment: $ 793
Drive-Off Amount: $ 0
Months: 24
Annual Mileage: 7500
MF: .00150
Residual: 65%
Incentives: $3965
Region: OR
Leasehackr Score: 19.7 years
Leasehackr Calculator Link: CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR

20 Likes

Awesome deal! Congratulations. I need to hack me one of those, nothing good in my region. I tried…

2 Likes

Hard to believe :wink:

What dealer was this?

Wow, phenomenal deal! :+1: Enjoy!

How much trunk $ are dealers carrying on these?

1 Like

I think it depends on each dealer… I want to say I saw $22k In trunk

1 Like

Yeah, it’s likely regional rather than dealer specific; I’ve never heard of trunk $ being that granular but it’s pretty opaque to us customers.

Either way, nicely done! How long/hard did it take to get them there?

Can someone help me understand how this car leases better than the M4 (shoot, even the new m340 or a 60K Audi)?

1 Like

In a lease you’re paying for the depreciation (+ rent charge, ie MF). The depreciation range is MSRP -> RV. If you get a humongous discount off sticker, it narrows the amount you’re paying and RV is high here (65%). The actual MSRP isn’t all that relevant - it’s the amount of depreciation you’re paying.

The more interesting question is how to get that large discount - the $22k trunk helps, of course, if a willing dealer gives it up.

1 Like

Sweet deal!! Enjoy the ride :slight_smile:

An overinflated residual helps too. Awesome car.

1 Like

I think the MSRP is inflated as well.

1 Like

The sticker on i8s is definitely inflated. This car has had trouble moving, without substantial discounts, since pretty much inception.

There’s a decent chance upcoming M8s will see similar fate, perhaps less exaggerated.

1 Like

This is the :unicorn: of all :unicorn:'s!!! :crown::unicorn:!!!

3 Likes

Awesome deal! Enjoy the car!!

1 Like

On a side note, was doing a modest 86 on hwy 5 about 1130pm last night in the i8 and cop pulled up right next to me and motioned me to slow down. Lol Waze only works 90% of the time the other 10 you get caught, but hey no ticket this time.

4 Likes

Hacking coupes are easier than roadsters, I guess?

I got one quote for $750 in NorCal last month

But end up with roadster :no_mouth:

1 Like

Well I think that theBMW flagship credit can be applied to any car. That’s where you get most of your discount. Second there’s only 5 coupes in the nation and over 185 roadsters… I think coupes would be harder… plus same car for less money.

The coupe I got 27% off without markup, but there is no dealer would do the same for roadster…

1 Like

What’s the insurance on this please? Reasonable or obscene?

3 Likes

This is hard to believe.