Signed Acura TLX $280/month $ 0 DAS

If she really only drives 10 miles a week, wouldn’t a Civic LX or something be the car for her? Honest question. We got a Civic LX lease (then bought it out) for my grandma because she only drives maybe 2k miles a year.

And NPR sounds way better on ELS :upside_down_face:

The deal she got is very good, no doubt. But still BSI and Rear Cross Traffic is very useful specially for older people and parking lots

Well, I was exaggerating but non-Covid she’s certainly less than 500 miles a month. I have looked into Honda but have always found that by the time you spec them out to the preferred, i.e., ‘required’, features (keyless entry, leather, sunroof) you wind up in the same price range as a base Acura (and some luxury brands) sedan which generally have those items standard. Plus, and correct me if I am wrong, but Honda only offers 12,000 lease, so that hurts their pricing. I know you suggest buying it out, but she’s a spoiled and, ergo, committed lessee now, so that’s off the table.

1 Like

I got 10k on my lease back in 2018

2nd lease with honda for 10k

10k for HONDA is for certain markets not all zip codes.

2 Likes

Yes, agree 100% on the BSI for seniors. That is why we considered it but her normal driving patterns --and especially factoring in the never-ending Covid lockdown-- put it in the ‘not really worth it’ category as we were already pushing her budget.

1 Like

@824
So looking at the sale price, it is listed at: $25,500

However, on the lease calculator link provide the OP shows $24,886 which gets to $280 payments.

Did I miss something obvious that i’m not understanding?

OP post and calculator don’t match. I always assume when this is the case, the OP is simply “jerry-rigging” his/her calculator to get closer to their monthly payment. I take the info in post as more accurate of their deal.

1 Like

Why is that the calculator doesn’t match up with calculations. Is it because some are new at using the calculator and don’t know what numbers to feed inr?

No need for alarm. The calculator is correct, was just rounding up in the post for ease of reference and made a typo; Sales price = ‘$25,000’. The $25,500 is the Gross Cap Cost=(Sales Price + Acq. Fee 595, again rounded).

1 Like

Do you think they would do the same discount if someone is buying the car instead of leasing? Just new to this leasing game.

Curious if you “lease-returners” tried Carvana, Vroom etc before returning. They can ignore dings and dents also and, in the end, if you net less out of pocket (or definitely if you even gain $1), it can be more favorable than turning in a lease. Of course, the offer has to be a good one, but I would guess Acuras hold their value somewhat so it may be in your favor.

Acura loves to throw big direct to dealer incentives at their cars. Getting the same pre-incentive discount shouldn’t be a problem, but you need to make sure you’re pulling out the direct to dealer incentive amount.

I returned an Accord in 2017 and again in June. When I returned in 2017 I checked the price on KBB and Edmunds and it was less than the residual plus the car was pretty banged up (I priced the damage getting cash quotes of $900, $1500 and $1800) so it did not occur to me to sell it, I had checked the price because I had been thinking of buying it. I had three separate areas of minor damage and was over mileage. I was re leasing and paid nothing to turn it in so I was pretty happy with that. Carvana was not as much of a thing back then and there was no shortage of used cars like there is now in my area. My recent lease return had two major accidents ($7000 and $9000) paid by insurance so it was on carfax. I knew I did not want to own that car even though it drove great. It had damage in one area that they said was about $300 (I honestly thought it would be more) and they waive the first $500 and they cut my termination fee in half because of the pandemic so I paid nothing for the wear and tear and $175 in lease termination. My one regret was not extending it for six months and maybe I would not have had to deal with leasing something in this tight market. I hate having a car that is out of warranty, especially one I was not planning to keep so one reason I did not.

Plus not sure how it works in New York with the tax. If I buy it, I pay 8.75% on the balance which would be over $1200, do I get that back when I sell to Carvana?

Again did not occur to me but I am happy having to pay nothing on a lease return

Can you tell me if this deal is any good or not? They won’t budge.

2020 TLX 2.4 w/tech
12K/36
MSRP $37,725
Selling price: $27025 + $595 fee
MF: .00225
Residual - 46% - $17,353.50
Payment: $386 + tax for $421.14
$979.64 out of pocket

What I cannot figure out is how they are coming up with that payment when I am only about 10K difference between the net cap cost and residual.

$420+/mo for the i4 TLX? That’s terrible.

Depreciation alone is already over $277/mo. Add in the rent charge that is over $100/mo and it seems right.

You need to read all the articles explaining how leases work and how they’re calculated.

There is more to a lease payment than the monthly of the difference between net cap cost and RV.

Right here —> MF: .0225

Ok so you are saying this is a terrible deal and to reject it then? Dealers in my state are all at this figure. I had one with the same figures that was $501 which was ridiculous. The MF is also very high on that vehicle.

I’d recommend you take a step back from talking to dealers and spend some time researching to determine what a good deal is. Once you’ve worked out what an appropriate target is, then you’ll be in the place to pursue making it happen.