Signed: '24 Mazda CX-90 PHEV Premium | $54,275 MSRP | 33/15k | $558 + tax | $0 DAS

you can get any trim with the Captian chairs from what a dealer told me

I am looking Mazda CX 90 PHEV Premium Plus. 36m/12k please reachout to me and provide broker info

Hi,

• Could you please give link to do MSD math calculator sheet ?

• If I tell dealer about MSD instead of down payment , will they do it ? How to convince?

• what is guarantee that I get MSD back at the end of lease without any hassle from dealer ?

The MSDs are accounted for by the LH calculator. I’ve forgotten the exact math, but I think it’s described on the MFS website somewhere. After my dealer claimed ignorance, though, and the deal was done without them, I just abandoned that option and moved on. But it’s certainly a real policy that the bank offers, so if I were you, I might just call MFS or TMCC and confirm the details, so that you can explain it to the dealer, if needed.

And if you do sign a deal with MSDs, then I wouldn’t worry about whether I’m going to get them back. It’s in the contract. You’ll get them back like any other deposit, pursuant to the terms of the contract. It’s not up to the dealer; your lease agreement is with the bank.

I don’t have any helpful info for you. I bought from Greenway Mazda in Houston in September, but I don’t really have anything good to say about them, other than the price.

@purple_tom

First off, thank you for the details. I’m currently looking at the exact same trim you are and just begun negotiating.

My lease is also up January, I was originally going to buy it out but with this market just decided leasing might be better. Anyways, we had a hail storm last year, a friend who use to do lease inspections came over and told me to not bother fixing it. I was at a dealership test driving a vehicle this weekend and they remarked on my hail damage, saying I really need to get it fixed if I wanted to trade it in or if I was going to turn my lease in. Carmax had a good offer for my current vehicle with a few grand equity - did you mark that you had hail damage on your vehicle when you put in for the quote? How much of a stickler are they? I didnt mark it down because in my opinion, its not that noticeable/bad.

A lot certainly depends on the severity of the damage. If you would notice it, were you the one looking at cars on the lot and considering buying it, then it will affect the value of the vehicle. Your lease contract defines exactly what should and shouldn’t be repaired. Usually if it’s a minor ding to one or two panels, you’re probably OK. But if it’s more than what might be considered normal wear & tear, then you probably can’t just let it go. Schedule your lease-end inspection with the bank, and they’ll tell you what needs to be fixed. PDR for minor hail damage isn’t expensive.

And regarding Carmax, it’s totally subjective and depends on who you happen to get that day inspecting your car. You can put whatever you want on the online form; they’re still going to look over everything and give you an in-person appraisal, regardless of what your online quote says. I got super lucky, in that I had already received an appraisal a week prior to the hailstorm. So when I brought it in again afterward, they got lazy and didn’t look over the whole thing again. Probably checked the mileage, made sure it still drove okay, and confirmed the previous price. It wasn’t until an hour later that someone actually noticed the new hail damage (which was quite significant).

Which is to say that if the hail damage to your vehicle is noticeable, then I would get it fixed, regardless of how you intend to dispose of the car. If you can spend $500 now to add $2000 or more in value (or savings) later, that’s a no-brainer. If you think you can sell it for the same price without fixing it, then sure, go for it.

I promise this isn’t me being a cruel internet stranger… I sincerely envy your verbosity, @purple_tom. You must be a writer.

No offense taken. Some people like the extra detail, and some people are exasperated by it. I’m not a writer (though I do author a lot of really long emails at work). People have always told me I should be one. I’m just a bored guy with extremely overworked thumbs and a complete lack of awareness of my selfish consumption of other peoples’ time.

I’ve tried to be more succinct for years. It’s never worked. This is me struggling to not add even more context and detail to this simple message, but I’m going to win this one. I’m just going to end it.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.