SIGNED: 2024 Ioniq 5 SEL AWD - 24/12 $238/mo, $1171 DAS

I’m sure he was swamped. If he’s still got stock in pretty sure he was gonna have same deals thru tomorrow.

Also worth mentioning that that Dr FA is local to the dealership and evidently was able to go do the deal in person.

I am not in a position to get a vehicle right now, but I would be interested in the name of the Alabama dealer if someone would not mind sharing via PM if needed. I’ve had little success finding dealers in AL and have had to shop in the Atlanta area for vehicles. Be nice to know a place worth a call or visit in the future, good dealers are all too hard to find.

Just took delivery today. Apart from getting it with 260 miles and only 50% charge (they literally drove it down to ATL from TN rather than sticking it on a truck), it’s great. Looking forward to driving this for a couple years!

7 Likes

Congrats! Car looks stunning.

1 Like

Does anyone have any leads on a deal like this? Please dm me the dealers🙏

Can you dm me the dealer pls

amazing deal! i just grabbed a SEL for my mom this past weekend and its nice! Does anyone have any leads on a limited? I might grab one for myself.

Amazing deal. If anyone has leads on dealers in Texas with similar deals , DM or post it here. Thanks!

1 Like

Congrats! I am looking for a very similar deal so if there are any dealers watching that deliver to St Paul, MN, please DM. I’m also doing the homework the op speaks off on CarGurus and casting a wider net!

1 Like

I tried, but couldn’t really understand.

Could you explain this? The discount on the selling price you got was around 12% (52680 to 46411). Where do you get 9k discount? And where does the 7.5k credit come in? Where does the 10k lease cash come in? Sorry if I’m ignorant.

You paid $450 for them to drive it down?

I actually started the deal online, so this was the estimate:

Note that there is a $9,021 “Dealer Discount” BUT they tacked on a $2k “VIP Advantage” package that they would not remove. It’s things like paint/fabric protection, ding/dent repair, tire/wheel protection, windshield repair. I tried to get them to remove it but they would not budge, and I couldn’t really complain about the final price anyway. :man_shrugging:

Also, this quote is not fully accurate–actual purchase price was $36,411 – not completely sure where the extra $752 came from, but I think $450 covered the delivery cost and the other $302 was them being shady? No idea, and in hindsight maybe i should’ve dug into it, but I basically signed this deal in between meetings over the course of a day and again, was just focused on the final number, which was well within my acceptable range. Also, this quote was for 24/10, which isn’t actually available–it’s only 12k for 24mo–so RV was 70% instead of 71%.

As for rebate, I thought it was only $7500 lease cash when I was first looking, but it was actually $10k so even better.

So net discount was still basically >$16k off sticker. After typing this out I am realizing I could’ve probably done even better, but I’m definitely not mad about it :laughing:

1 Like

The website showed a $450 “delivery fee” that was never actually itemized, but seems to explain some of the discrepancies in the pricing in the post i just made above this one.

I assumed delivery meant they’d put it on a truck, but it actually meant one guy drove my car down with another guy behind him in another car to take him back to TN after the drop-off. So instead of getting a car with <10 miles, I got one with ~250. Not a big deal to me.

I think Hyundai is advertising 10k lease cash on these 24 mo leases on their website - am I right? I guess this includes the 7.5k federal incentive that is passed on to the customer (someone pls correct me if I’m wrong).

No. There is no federal

1 Like

There is a federal incentive, it’s just passed to the manufacturer in a lease. It’s up to the manufacturer to pass that discount on to the customer.

Hyundai no longer meets the criteria for the federal credit because there are not enough domestically produced components. Federal Tax Credits for Plug-in Electric and Fuel Cell Electric Vehicles Purchased in 2023 or After

However, they are offering their own incentive To make up for the fact that they no longer qualify for the “official” credit.

1 Like

You are correct. Hyundai gets $7500 for each car they lease and they give $10k lease cash to each customer as an incentive to lease their cars.

It is true that Hyundai is offering $7500+ in “incentives” but nobody is “giving them” that money. At least not the US govt.

Additional note for those who are DMing me: I do not have any connections for deals on the Ioniq 5. The original dealer is tapped out, as is the other dealer that had a surplus of 2023 models. Good luck finding a deal, but I’m not able to help you beyond what I’ve already shared here and in some other threads.

No. For leasing, all EVs qualify for $7500, it just goes to the bank that purchased the vehicle. So the lessor gets it instead of the lessee. The lessor, then can chose to pass it on as a taxed rebate to the lessee.

IRC section 30D applies for end consumer and has a limit on where the car is assembled and where the battery is manufactured. It only applies to purchase/finance of the car.

Section 45W is for commercial use of EVs and has no such restrictions like 30D does. The banks do get their $7500 when they purchase the EV and lease it out to you.

30D:

45W: