Signed! 2024 Alfa Romeo Tonale Veloce | $433/mo | 0 Down | 24/7.5k | MSRP $58k

My 2021 Giulia’s lease is ending so I was looking for an SUV w/ $7500 EV credit.
Decided to get a deal in Tonale after test driving it - handling is smooth, tech is decent, and the look is a bit unconventional but I liked it.

Negotiated with a few dealers around the end of June, and the lowest effective monthly was about $500/mo for a Tonale Ti (~54k MSRP).

Price was still firm around early-July, but suddenly on July 11th dealers began lowering the price and trying to undercut each other - from what I heard Afla Romeo US held a meeting and the program for Tonale got very aggressive. So if you’ve been eyeing for a hybrid suv I would highly recommend getting a Tonale this/next month.

In the end I was able to move up to a trim tier with ~58k MSRP on a Veloce EAWD with the features I wanted, for effectively $433/mo.
(Tonale’s trim goes from SprintTiVeloce)

The Forum & community really helped me a lot with learning all the terms and strategies on getting a good lease deal, so happy to answer any questions.

Old Giulia next to the new Tonale:

4 Likes

Do you live within walking distance from your Alfa dealer?

6 Likes

nope, I live in Jersey. They drove the Tonale over and took the Giulia back.

I think hes referencing the legendary reliability of the Tonale and whatever the Dodge version is called.

3 Likes

ohhh lmao fair. I admit that when it comes to reliability Tonale and Hornet are definitely not the first cars come to mind, but that’s why I’m on a 2-year lease - enjoying the new car without the consequences :wink:

That’s a really good deal, I’m in the market for a new lease now since I just made the last payment on my Giulia. How does the Tonale compare to the Giulia?

Sounds like a really good deal, congrats!

Had a Tonale as a loaner while they were replacing the radiator in my Stelvio after the engine had to be replaced back in Dec/January.

Not a bad car overall, it did seem a little laggy at times. My Stelvio lease ends at the end of September so now I’m on the hunt for a new lease. Not sure if it’ll be with Alfa again though.

I think the drive is equally enjoyable if not a bit more fun given that any acceleration till 50mph is done by the electric motor.

I’ve had this car for only 3 days now and switched from a Giulia Sprint base model to a Veloce, so the comparisons below is likely a bit biased

Pros:

• fuel econ + quieter ride especially in urban areas because it will run on battery
  • larger cargo space + greater field of vision when driving as you sit up more comparing to Giulia, putting less pressure on your lower back during long drives (or tbh this would be just any SUV vs Sedan)
  • updated infotainment (HD screens, wireless CarPlay, etc.)
  • gas pedal is still the good old Alfa linear acceleration and feels smooth transitioning between gas and electric (personally i dislike the jumpiness of german cars)
  • the digital dashboard is more informative and I like the new design
  • auto hold, no need to keep your foot on the break at lights
  • they kept the all physical buttons for temperature control (you can also control via infotainment)
  • active assist is better now with 360 cameras
  • free alfa connect (at least for duration of the 2- or 3-year lease)

Cons:

• ppl might feel that handling is slightly heavier because it is a ~600lb weight increase, but personally it is close enough to have a smooth transition to the new vehicle.
  • gear shift is somehow stiff
  • slightly higher fuel cost if you never charge your car. iirc Giulia’s advanced efficiency mode reduces fuel intake but the same drive mode on Tonale means the engine runs on battery only, if your battery’s out you cannot start eco (advanced efficiency) mode.
  • memory seat is not a default option for all trim anymore, if you want it you’d have to opt in for the “premium interior” package which forces you to also pay for sounds & leather seats

if you still want to stay in an Alfa (avoid paying the $395 disposition fee when returning the Giulia) I think finalizing a deal end of this month/earlier next month would be a strategic move - if you take a look at dealership websites they are not displaying any Giulia & Stelvio right now, :thinking: maybe that’s why they started to be really aggressive:

Price was still firm around early-July, but suddenly on July 11th dealers began lowering the price and trying to undercut each other - from what I heard Afla Romeo US held a meeting…

Thank you!

yes from what I gathered Stelvio a bit lighter to handle (and is a larger, more comfy car).
I decided to go back to Alfa partially because I had a not-so-great deal with my Giulia 3 years ago and seek retribution (lol jk :sweat_smile:), but mostly because the numbers was hard to say no to & APR is so good (borrowing money for <0.4% APR is crazy for the current interest rate); we would also need to pay the disposition fee upon returning the leased car but it’s waived if you get a new lease from Ally again.

If you like SUVs and would like to look for your next one on the premium-side, I was also considering these cars: Genesis GV70/80, Lexus RZ, Jaguar F/I-Pace, Polestar 3, Rivian.

I used this post to see which ones have the $7500 EV lease credits, and most of them are SUVs

1 Like