Drive-Off Amount: $5,000.00
Months:39
Annual Mileage: 10,000
MF: 0.00139
Residual:53%
Incentives: $2,500 loyalty
Region: Southeast (South Florida)
Leasehackr Score: 6.6

Things look different in 2022. I had to work hard for this one. As always, high Florida dealer fees worked against me. We redeployed part the insane equity left in my wife’s 2019 Lexus RX350L as a down payment to compensate for the poor post-pandemic lease deals. It’s not an ideal approach but she is happy and that is worth something!

EDIT - Purchase price before incentives added above. We had approximately $6,400 of equity in the Lexus but did not roll all of it into the inception/down payment.

3 Likes

Can you please post the equity from your Lexus? Otherwise this thread is not useful for future buyers.

Sales price before incentives is also helpful.

I disagree that the thread is not useful without the Lexus equity info but I went ahead and added it anyway. :upside_down_face:

What made you do 39 instead of 24 months and why no MSDs ? Just curious, in similar situation.

24 months is too short for the wife and me. We don’t like to experience the pain of car shopping that frequently. The 39 month program was better than 36 and I anticipate that she’ll want another Volvo after this one, so pull ahead should be an option when she’s ready for the next car.

I’ve never done MSDs on my leases but could have yesterday to reduce the price a bit more. Honestly, I didn’t even think about it.

1 Like

Makes sense but as quickly as XC90s go through brakes, I’d opt for the 24M on these.

Especially w the changes for 2023 (mild hybrid and google) etc…

3 Likes

surprised you didnt reach out to brokers who service your area. this was, in essence an invoice deal.

2 Likes

Is an invoice deal bad in this market? Serious question.

Didn’t see any reasonable listings for XC90 in the Marketplace, let alone in Florida, so I didn’t give that option much attention. Maybe I should have.

There are no incentives on the 2023s and the Google infotainment was not ready for prime time. Maybe it’ll be fixed with OTA updates but my wife wanted CarPlay.now and I believe that’s still not available on the 2023s.

Regarding the brakes, wouldn’t that be covered under the included complimentary maintenance? If not, pads aren’t a huge expense. I will need to retrain my wife as she loves to accelerate to red lights and stop signs.:rofl:

2 Likes

Lol I know that. I’m saying that’s why it would be better to do a 24M on the 2022 XC90 because it puts you in a 2023/2024 sooner.

Re my point about brakes

You’re at risk of having to pay for wear and tear items on a longer term like 39 compared to 24. Tires etc.

The Volvos are known to have a quick wear of rotors and pads :confused:

I don’t think the complimentary volvo maintenance covers brakes. Anyone is welcome to correct me though.

1 Like

Last time I asked which was 2 months ago, they said no

2 Likes

It doesn’t cover brakes, but Volvo may cover them as goodwill if they are gone on low miles. I think a few people here had it done under warranty.

4 Likes

FYI, I’ve learned this over the course of my own 2019 S60, my father’s 2019 XC60, and a friend of mine’s 2019 XC90. Learn to use your blinker for any and all lane changes. Otherwise the lane departure mitigation system brakes the wheels to help steer the car back into the lane and causes premature brake wear on these SPA vehicles. When you use your blinker the system does not engage when changing lanes thus increasing the lifespan of your brakes.

7 Likes

or you can just disable that system b/c it’s awful. it’s the first thing i do when i do any volvo delivery.

My full brake rotors and pads have been replaced, only 13k miles. Warranty issue though where they were making a clunking noise.

I’m on what I believe is my third set of rotors as of last week, and I’ve had my brake pads replaced twice. I haven’t paid for any of it.

1 Like

That sucks because it is pretty good

Your system actually works? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’ve had CarPlay on my 2022 XC60 for months now. It’s definitely available. With all of the cars on the ground in Florida, I’m surprised this is the best you could do. Helping a neighbor out and the DMV dealers are frequently below invoice right now on a 22 XC90