Signed: 2022 Volvo XC60 B5 R Design AWD $3,161 equity DAS, $684.86+tax p/m

Link:

Title: Include model, monthly payment, and money down.
Tag the make (e.g., toyota, bmw) and region (e.g. ny, ca-socal, usa-nationwide) [required].

My lease for my V90 R design was up on 5/5 this year so I started shopping and was disheartened by the market. Reached out to multiple dealers and got some outrageous quotes. Like many of you, I was preparing myself to purchase the vehicle and wait out the market. Volvo makes it very difficult to sell to a third party directly. Buying and selling would have costed me tax and left with little or no profit in the end.

The dealership I leased from previously reached out about a 3 month pull ahead with Volvo. When I balked at the quotes he gave me for an XC60, he reached out to me a few weeks later with a well structured deal.

I basically hit a trifecta;

1. Lease return was taken as a trade in and paid out my equity as a down into the next lease ($3161.00)
  2. The car was a service loaner and was given a mild discount (~9.5%)
  3. Loyalty Rebate ($2000)

The paperwork showed $5161 as the down payment (taken in form of rebate and lease return) and I paid nothing out of pocket at drive off.

The pre-negotiated deal was sweeter and was 641 + tax. Two things happened.

1. I had a small crack in the windshield and they split the cost of a replacement with me, decreasing my trade in
  2. I bought the wear and tear for 1295. This was a last minute decision, the car is a loaner with 6000 miles on it and I was doing a 36 month lease. Estimated miles at return are 42000 miles. It has 21 inch rims and normally I would buy used tires before lease end, but I assume 21 inch tires would be hard to find.

Hopefully this post helps some of you who were in the same predicament as me with a Volvo lease return, particularly having difficulty selling and getting the equity.

happy to share dealer and salesperson info.

7 Likes

CONGRATS, enjoy the new ride

Your title should reflect equity DAS.

Congrats on the new ride. Did you explore extending the V90 lease for a couple of months? Sounds like some people have had better luck than others with extending. Just curious, I’m a little over halfway through my V90 lease…hoping the market softens by the time it’s due.

Again, congrats. Great looking XC60.

Thanks so much!
I read somewhere on here that I could do that month by month for up to 3 months. I didn’t try personally as I had about 6 weeks left in the lease when I found this deal.
I was over my allotted miles by ~ 2500miles and I believe that you are not given extra miles for those extra months, which was another reason I was hesitant to try to keep the car longer.

My recommendation to those with a Volvo lease is see if your local dealer is interested in purchasing it if you have some equity. I only tried selling it to CarMax and GiveMeTheVIN.

2 Likes

I’m in a similar boat with a 19 xc90 rdesign lease ending. I like the xc60 especially in rdesign. Looks great. Enjoy!

1 Like

Congratulations! Nice Volvo!

1 Like

According to KBB, I have $5K in equity (payoff vs trade-in value). Carmax “offered” $3K over payoff. I call the dealer and they slash it down to $1.5K. Who is your sales person/dealer?

Do you have a Volvo? I can message you the salesperson

I do; I’ll reach out to him. Thanks.

The MF is marked up from .00085 and you should’ve used your equity towards MSDs.

2 Likes