Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 10k
MF: .00112 (Base MF)
Residual: 53%
Incentives: $5500 lease bonus
Region: NY
Leasehackr Score: 8.3
Leasehackr Calculator Link: CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR

I believe I did fairly well on this. I was going to get the same vehicle through a broker, but when I went to test drive a similar build at my local dealer, I told them what I had going on with a broker and they decided to play ball. They also bought out my 2019 XC60 with 11 payments remaining with no issue. For those that are wondering, dealer fees are high because I put in their “protection packages” that they tacked on. I saw it at signing, but I was happy with the deal so I didn’t fight it at all. Pretty sure this comes out to be ~$500 cheaper than the broker deal without MSD’s.

What sweetens this deal more is the post sale $500 rebate through BonusDrive and I also get $1500 from my Company for going with a PHEV. I also get free charging at my work location too so thats some major savings.

4 Likes

Nice. I got an S60 T8 in February.

Volvo will eat up to 6 months I believe, which tells me the dealer built those other five months into your DAS, right? Or, is resale so high that they didn’t need to? My car ought to be worth much less than purchase price now but last week I did a very rough check online and it’s possible I could sell it back for the current buy out, given how silly the car market is.

I like the T8 a lot. Comments:

1. When the ICE is cold even if you floor it you’ll get significantly lowered power output. It’s still quick, but it needs to be warmed up first for max output.

2. On Power mode you’ll see the engine running most/all of the time and its on board generator will pump juice into the battery to aid with its charge. That said, even a “depleted” battery keeps enough available capacity to provide good thrust if you floor it

3. Our miles/kWh were close to 2 when it was winter time, but now they are around 3. We’re averaging 800-900 miles per tank, and it’s current reading about 67 mpg.

The resale was high enough that they are gonna throw it onto their lot to sell. It only had 17k miles. They did some finagling with the “trade-in” equity so I think some of my discount was as a result of the lease trade in. The biggest issue that they advised, and the SM showed me, is that Volvo has very specific directive that Volvo leases can only be bought out of if the customer is purchasing or leasing another Volvo.

Thanks for the heads up on the T8. I’ve been trying to get some feedback on swedespeed forums (are you on there?) but its not too active.

I did notice in the day that I have had it that even though the battery shows depleted, there still is a reserve (I was able to move in electric mode while waiting in a drive thru line).

Thats great to hear about the mileage. Do you have any issues with the gas getting too old since you arent filling up as often? I dont think I will be getting nearly as good gas mileage as that, as my drive is heavily city driving, but like I mentioned, I can charge for free at work so I am good.

1 Like

The dealership already put my car up on their website…

2019 XC60 T5 MOM with 17,xxx miles. Listing it for $45k!! Mind you, my residual was $28.6k and my remaining payments totaled to $5500. Insane used market right now.

4 Likes

I’ve an account at swede but don’t tend to post there too much.

I’m still filling it up every month and would not start worrying about stale gas unless it had been in there for several months. I will say this thing gets pretty bad mileage when battery is depleted, but I am unapologetic with the throttle.

City-heavy mileage this thing really should shine. It will be worse running heat in the winter for sure, but the low speed of city will be nice on the battery.

I love how I’m tagged in this and OP is all high and mighty about snaking broker numbers (after a 38 message thread in which he swore that he wasn’t going to snake my numbers), but the T8 I have posted in my sheet is a slightly higher msrp, cheaper, allows the use of MSDs, and ignores the fact that OP traded in a volvo with a few thousand of equity in it to make this deal happen. OP’s is an invoice deal, nothing better. Please untag me - my numbers are better than this.

1 Like

I am definitely not acting all “high and mighty” about this deal. I am not acting like I did this all by myself and that is why I tagged you. Our “38 message thread” is also dated back to March when I was inquiring about other topics. Only 10 messages were regarding this vehicle and it was 10 only because there were single sentences going back and forth. I don’t believe I harmed your business in any way; I did state that I would not steal your deal because I was confirming what dealership it seemed you worked most with trying to look for the details of the specific vehicle you had mentioned. You are acting like I went to your dealership and asked for the same deal. Not the same. This is no different than seeing what discounts can be done by looking at broker deals and going to my local dealership and using those numbers as a guide.

The MSRP difference was $450 so negligible. I made clear note that this was without MSD’s and I also made clear in my follow up post that the dealer used the equity from my lease trade in:

Are you telling me that your dealer would not utilize the equity in the lease trade-in in place of a straight dealer discount? (which, with VCFS, cannot be extracted anywhere other than a Volvo dealer)

I am definitely not an expert, so please clarify for me if I am wrong, but your posted deal without MSD’s comes out to be $688/month with $2,482 DAS; total lease cost of $26,606:

My numbers came out to be $650/month with $3,283 DAS; total lease cost of $26,200:

Again, I for sure had no ill intentions to “steal a deal” from you, as I was ready to move on the Osmium on black, but it rolled at the same time we were in talks (no fault of your own), but how can you fault me for utilizing posted broker numbers to negotiate with a local dealership in which I would not have to travel to another state to complete? That exact concept is what is told by Trusted Hackr’s:

1. Read Leasing 101 (Blog | LEASEHACKR ) to understand how to calculate a lease payment and the variables. Monthly payment is an output, not an input!!
2. Pick a specific vehicle that you want to target
3. Gather the current MF, RV and incentives from Edmunds forums for your zip code
4. Research the LH marketplace and other deals that have been made recently on your vehicle - what was their pre-incentive discount? How did their lease terms differ?
5. Plug your numbers into the LH calculator (CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR ), and use a pre-incentive discount similar to what you have seen
6. Create a target deal, this is what you’re trying to negotiate to. You can try different terms, selling price discount, etc. and see how your monthly payment is affected. It is also possible that different trims of your vehicle may have different MF and RV (i.e. this is very common with GM), so make sure that you look into that. Come up with a set of inputs that give you the output that you want - your desired monthly payment.

With a target price determined, you now have a deal to pursue and compare dealer offers against. More importantly, you have a solid foundation to work from.

If you still would like to take issue with this situation, PM me. I have untagged you.

4 Likes