Signed: 2021 Toyota Highlander XLE - PNW (Portland, OR) $372/month - 36/10K - $1,981 DAS - (1st month, acquis, etc.)

Hi fellow hackers!

This took a couple weeks of work but was finally able to land a good lease deal on a Highlander XLE in Portland, OR. I had plans to use the max MSDs (9 for $3,150) - the dealer had no experience with this and after a couple hours of trying I abandoned the process. I’ll keep the money and buy more GME/AMC :slight_smile:

All things considered this seems like a pretty good deal, especially in the PNW. Most dealers throughout Oregon, Washington, and Nor-Cal we’re at MSRP and a handful at <5%

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2021 Toyota Highlander XLE
MSRP: $43,528
Selling Price: $38,500 (11.55%)
Monthly Payment: $372
Drive-Off Amount: $1,981 (Acquisition, first month, registration, dealer fees, and Oregon privilege tax of 0.5%)
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 10,000
MF: .00150
Residual: 66%
Incentives: $500 (College Grad)
Region: PNW (Portand, OR)
Leasehackr Score: 8.8
Leasehackr Calculator Link: CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR

14 Likes

In this climate, and with zero incentive, i will say that’s an Excellent deal !! Well done !

Enjoy your new ride

Thanks - was especially happy to find this deal after cashing in on significant positive equity on my previous TLX lease.

Great deal for PNW, enjoy

Able to share deal paperwork. Trying to replicate something similar?

We escaped Portland for the weekend to avoid the 110+ degree weather - I’ll try to share when I’m back on Tuesday

Smart. It’s so effing hot and it’s about 10 degrees cooler in Seattle…

Can you please share the dealer name and paper work with me too?

Does your payment include sales tax?

I paid the sales tax up front in my DAS

Oh I forgot Oregon has no sales tax!

Killer discount 11.5% and great deal for this current climate. Well done!

Hey - a few folks asked for the paperwork. Sharing in the interest of deal transparency.

The dealer is Beaverton Toyota. Rep was David Stephens - feel free to mention “Tim and Katie” sent you.

4 Likes

No sales tax in Oregon but a privilege tax of 0.5% was introduced a few years ago on the sales price of new vehicles (not previously registered) with less than 7500 miles.

Also, while not a direct tax on the sale, most dealers are passing on fees related to a corporate activity tax passed recently as well.

With that being said both of these account for less than 1% of the sales price. Oregon state income tax is ~ 10% so they get us elsewhere!

Used Beaverton Toyota a few years ago to get a great deal on a Tacoma. Great dealership.

Something is not right. I see $2018.36 as the capital cost reduction but image #2 (look at the left) indicates that this was achieved by making you pay the amount as down payment! If that is true how is this a good deal??

1 Like

The cap cost reduction appears to be how they have represented rebates offered from the dealer. Keep in mind there are no National or regional incentives at this time. Also, No trade-ins or money from myself beyond the DAS I called out above.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing. It is quite helpful!

Leased an XSE Highlander in Blizzard Pearl White @36mo/12k/yr for $369/mo tax included in South Florida and $1600 Out-The-Door. Back in March and leasd a Tacoma TRD Sport in Cement Gray with 15k/yr for 36 months at $280/mo.