Signed: 2021 Mazda CX9 Carbon Edition FWD in GA DAS $500, $400 mo. 15K miles per year

Tags: make (e.g. toyota, bmw)(required) and region (e.g. ny, ca, ca-socal, usa-nationwide)
Post: Include as much information about your deal as possible to make it a helpful reference for others, and even a celebratory picture. :wink:

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2021, Mazda, CX9 Carbon edition FWD
MSRP: $ 42,455
Selling Price: $ 39,111
Monthly Payment: $400
Drive-Off Amount: $ 2000(upfront) - 1,500(Cash back) = $500(Net DAS)
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 15,000 per year
MF: 0.00039
Residual: $24,199 (57%)
Incentives: $720
Region: GA
Leasehackr Score: 7.9
Leasehackr Calculator Link:

I had a Honda SUV with 5 months payment left.

I had my Honda to get an appraisal and approx. $2,700 equity left.

I brought it to the dealership to bang my new Mazda lease and told them to trade in(should’ve not said)

They tried to devalue my honda and offered a way high monthly payment with an additional down payment $ 2,000.

So, I told them not to trade in here and said give me the number without being trade-in.

The manager was sitting close to us and tried to convince and suggested down payment $2000 and $1,500 of a check will be sent. So, basically, my net DAS was $500.

I thought it was better deal than giving off to Carmax.
But, realized after signed it wasn’t really.

I recommend get an appraisal at Carmax before going to dealership you want to lease.

Dont tell them you will trade in but get the lease quote the minimum you can get then tell them trade in and let them beat your carmax appraisal.

I should have not said trade in before making the real deal.

I suggest you to watch the famous video on youtube about how dealers rip off customers: How Car Dealerships Rip You Off (The Truth) - YouTube. Before stepping into a dealership, do enough homework! They will try every possible mean to earn money from you.

2 Likes

Not the worst deal we’ve seen, enjoy the Carbon CX9!!!