Signed: 2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4XE - MSRP $53,225 - $1450 Drive Offs DAS - $400/month Pre-tax

That saddle brown is quite nice.

3 Likes

Count me JEALOUS :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ha!

In all fairness the sportbrake was a lower payment than what one of the gas variants of these wranglers cost.

2 Likes

I agreeā€¦I would have chosen saddle on the build but my daughter liked black better. I think it must be the ā€œold personā€ thing mentioned in one of the other Wrangler threads :slight_smile:

Im also unsure of whether I like the body color hardtop or the black hard top. The body color looks more ā€œposhā€ā€¦almost G wagen-ish? But, the black gives way more contrast, esp with a white body color.

My daughter chose black for the hardtop.

1 Like

The saddle does sort of scream - ā€œhi, Iā€™m over the age of 40ā€ :joy:

2 Likes

I remember years ago how terrible these Wranglers were. People who even bought them , regretted them and traded/sold them in after a month or two.

Terrible road/wind noise, rough riding, no legroom space and some of these things didnā€™t even have a radio in them. They were so bare bones. Total niche vehicle. Yeah they looked cool on Baywatch with Pam Anderson hanging out the back etc but the reality is these things will never see the beach or hang off the edge of a cliff etc.

Fast forward to 2021, Iā€™m guessing Chrysler did something with the road/wind noise, added 8.4ā€ U connect, LED everything , 20ā€ bling blingers and now included a hybrid engine.

Look, Iā€™m not crazy over these, but Iā€™d rock one for under 400 bucks a month effective. Pull the doors off and roll with my left leg up on the dash :sunglasses:

2 Likes

My wife was all about the body color hardtop. I do like the look as well. Functionally, probably would have been smarter to get the 1 touch sky top.

1 Like

I agreeā€¦my vote was sky top too! Was happy to spend the $ for the option, but my daughter kiboshed it.

Iā€™m surprised by how popular these Wranglers are with people who can afford appealing vehicles.

We rented a Wrangler in Vieques a few years ago and it was awful to drive, even for short periods of time.

Separately, after about two hours I hated Vieques too.

If you havenā€™t been there, Vieques is Spanish for ā€œhorse toilet.ā€

If you have been there, youā€™ll get the joke.

They are literally everywhere in Florida, I didnā€™t get it either to be honest. At this price point I would generally choose something else, but for 300 and something bucks a month I can bite.

2 Likes

My parents have some friends who buy one of these for each of their grandchildren as high school graduation presents.

I understand ā€œCool, free car!ā€ but thatā€™s about it.

1 Like

They are absolutely hugely popular with the teenager, 20 something crowd. Honestly, I think it is a status symbol of sorts.

I think the date all the way back to the 90s! If anyone remembers the movie cluelessšŸ˜

1 Like

1 Like

Iā€™ve hat 2018 JL factory built when it just came out. And Iā€™m here to tell you that most of you baby powder bottoms will regret the purchase once the hype fades.

Walmart is having a sale on the stuff, Iā€™ll go out and buy a case of it proactively today!

1 Like

Unlikely needed for the 4XEā€™s weā€™re looking at compared to the POS rentals. Iā€™m a bit more concerned about fast charging setup.

I think it really boils down to what you want. My wife and I share a car and the lease matures in June. We just bought a fixer condo and will need something with a little extra storage space during our many trips to Home Depot.

When I look at other SUVs, I canā€™t think of any others more interesting than the Jeep at the current price point. More comfortable, faster, better equipped? Probably. More interesting or fun and can you take the top off for a day trip to the desert? Nope.

3 Likes

Iā€™m so glad I got the dark saddle.

1 Like

Can you pm me your contact. Looking for this car.

Thatā€™s a great deal - which dealer?