Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 12
MF: .0012
Residual: 58
Incentives: 4220
Region: Northeast
Leasehackr Score: 7.9
Leasehackr Calculator

I wasn’t sure if I would input the trade equity as a down payment or not but that’s where we ended up.
We had a 2017 highlander Platinum with 1 payment remaining. Between 3 dealers the one we bought from offered us 30k with the vehicle having a $27,732 buyout.

What’s the selling price?

Selling price was $42950.
Invoice was 43,700.
Residual 26,115 I believe.

I’m sure this could have been done better but we were at a point where we were happy with it.

Not to rain on your parade but…not a very good deal at all. Less than a $2k discount on a $40k+ vehicle that’s just a few months away from being obsolete is just plain bad.

I know it could be better. At least I feel it could but I’m not mad at 412 per month. I dealt with 3 separate dealerships and played the game with them all. Nobody would come down any further. Two of the other dealers didn’t even have the vehicle on the lot yet. I tried, wife wanted it and it was the lowest price around for a car that hadn’t even hit the lots on most of the dealers around here yet.

Don’t mind the hater. You did good, even the brokers can’t offer this price in Northeast region when you factor in the DAS and broker fee.

Enjoy your ride and don’t forget to claim your free $250 from bonusdrive.

1 Like

Shopping the vehicle, if this is what you had to have, it’s not a bad deal in the current market. Shopping the deal, almost $500/mo effective for a $45K FCA product is pretty bad. That’s reflected by the leasehackr score. Pre-Corona, you could find Laredo X $100/mo cheaper. It’s pretty amazing that this aging platform still sells so well with almost no incentives.

We didn’t have to have it but our Toyota Highlander lease was up and the decision came down to either buying out the highlander at 498 per month for 60 months with 0 down through Hanscom Federal CU at 2.9%. Wife had driven the jeep and while it didn’t hold on to all the options she had in the highlander, like captains chairs/ac seats/panoramic roof/360 camera etc, she liked the look of the grand Cherokee better and ultimately she drives the car. This particular dealer was offering the most money on trade for the highlander as well. Either way the payment was lower and in 3 years it can go back for something new. She’s happy.

If you roll the trade equity into the monthly then yes it’s technically 475 per month but like I said nobody else would offer what they did on trade and nobody else would come below 430 per month for 36 months. In actuality nobody was coming below 449 for 39 months. Right when I walked out of one last dealer he said they would do 430 at 39 months but never actually put it on paper for me. We wanted 36 months and they said that they wouldn’t do the 36 so we walked and got 412 at 36 months. It is what it is.

Let’s all have a level head here. The deal is not bad, but if you remove the trade which is creating a payment facade, it’s nothing to be overly excited about. If OP was negotiating without his trade, this is $475/month sign and drive. Similar priced limiteds can be had for $380-$405 sign and drive with some effort and shopping around with no equity required. Ignoring all that, enjoy the car. I too am a Jeep fan. I love driving them in the winter and own Jeep’s myself.

No need to be passive aggressive. He asked how he did and it’s not a great deal on an entry level JGC. Others have said the same thing. That’s all there is to it.

That’s what I was thinking. Here’s an example:

I wasn’t aggressive at all; you might want to revisit your first post in this thread to see who was.

I hate to do this but here it is. Different region, doesn’t include the sales tax, includes $1,000 loyalty which OP doesn’t qualify for.

broker : 2021 GC Laredo E with MSRP of $37,740 39 month and 10k/month comes to $440 (w/o loyalty, with sales tax and added mileage. probably more if you change the duration)

OP: 2021 GC Laredo X with MSRP of $44,855 36 month and 12k/month comes to $475

I am not saying that the OP was able to get a really good deal but it is better than what is offered at this time. this might change tomorrow though.

Not sure why @nycsimone felt the need to jump in here and “not” rain on the OP