SIGNED: 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L 4x4 Limited 525/mo $525 DAS (Trade Involved)

, ,

At a minimum your DAS was your first payment of $525.

Didn’t FCA suspend the affiliate program? How did u get around this?

I don’t see how you are accounting for any dealer or DMV fees (you mention a $582 fee).

How many months is this?

now thats a fair point, its 525 at signing.
I actually didnt know about AP suspension, i came in with control number and my spreadsheet of what i want the payment to be and within 5min we had a deal (which then had to be adjusted once we learned about USBank situation). I ll update title to 525 due at signing

See: https://www.fcausaffiliates.com/content/dam/affiliate-rewards/docs/ProgramRules.pdf

Ineligible as of 10-1-2021: Durango, Wrangler (including 4xe), Grand Cherokee, Grand
Cherokee L, Ram 1500 DT

good to know if that is the case people dont need to worry about jumping through hoops and joining random orgs to affilicate code in order to get discount i got. Here is literal print out of spread sheet i handed to the dealer and changes we had to go though to get the deal done. Essentially, i came in asking for $460/mo payment (hoping for $500) they came back at 470 and it jumped to 525 once situation with US Bank cleared up. Then i spent 5 hours at the dealership waiting for the car, as it was on showroom flow and battery (both, jeep has 2 as i learnt) died and they had to install new ones.

*Big point I am making here that i thought i had equity in the Tundra but as it turned out i really didnt. Perhaps i need update original post to make it less confusing.

Second point: based on my math people can target 10-12% discount, including all incentives, on these nowadays

I would disagree, I understand the narrative given the market buts its misguided. All lease advantages still stand:

1. I am paying 525 vs 8xx a month
  2. If market adjusts and RV drops through the floor in 3 years i am protected
  3. If car gets into accident and RV drops I am protected
  4. If market stays crazy and car value is higher then RV in 3 years i can still purchase this car and cash in profit

All of that for a fairly small finance charge given 2.1% APR i am paying to US Bank and $395 fee i ll have to pay in the end to get rid of the car.

So if you can abstain from buying a car today and want to wait and see, that is understandable but if you are in the market today and you are not going to keep your car for the next 7-10years or planning to put 100,000mi on it in the next 3yrs, leasing still makes all the sense in the world

1 Like

Post your actual contract. Just because you think you got 10% off doesn’t mean you did. What incentives were applied? US Bank usually provides lease case. My last US Bank JGC lease had over $10k in incentives.

If you want to be helpful in sharing a deal that can be replicated then post the contract and stop trying to hide the ball. If you think you got a good deal great, but the point of this forum is to help others replicate.

If you had $2,500 in equity for your trade and they rolled that into the deal then this is absolutely NOT a $0 DAS deal. As others have said, it doesn’t matter what you think the trade was worth. You’re just trying to find reasons to justify your deal at this point rather than being accurate and transparent with the numbers.

Your DAS should reflect $3,025 - That’s $2,500 from the trade and $525 first month payment.

Think I see what you’re saying, ie that none of this “equity” exists if trying to do a typical Carmaxvana sale and that it only exists in a USB-to-USB transaction?

I think the overall question is, can I walk to your dealer and get a GCL Limited 4x4 for $525/month tax in with only $525 DAS. If they answer is Yes, then you are right. But it seems like the answer would be a No.

1 Like

That is precisely the point. My contention is that you actually can walk into the dealership and get GCL for 525/mo. With the only possible exception being taxes, depending on who you lease through you may or may not get tax credit.

Then why didn’t you get yours for $525/mo and a check for the equity in your trade? Because the dealer wouldn’t do that deal. It may be possible to get one for $525/mo with $525 DAS, but that’s not what your deal was.

1 Like