SIGNED: 2021 Bolt Premium (dealer MD, title NC)

Deal SIGNED and Bolt in the driveway!!! Thanks for all the help. Without the community and the calculator, I would’ve never known how to build a deal and wouldn’t have been as confident in my stance (especially the tax issues). Full Story

Here are the final numbers:
(not including $100 for train ticket, metro, uber to get to dealer, and 18kWh @ EA to make it home )
2021 Chevy Bolt Premium, Kinetic Blue, Infotainment, Driver Confidence II, Black Bow Tie
MSRP: $44,410
Sale Price: $37,200
Incentives: $9,000 (No conquest or state)
Taxes: $460 (3% use on payments and incentives)
One-Pay: $7,147
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 12k
MF: .00008 before one-pay
Residual: 52% (after 12k)
Region: MD dealer for NC titling
Leasehackr Score: 19.1 years

11 Likes

Nicely done for the incentives youd had
and good discount on a 21.

The one pay in this case maybe didnt save much $, but sometimes it can be more convenient to not have the monthly payment.

Thanks. Initially I was doing a one-pay because I was in the process of closing a refinance on the house, so I couldn’t take on new debt. Ultimately, the house closed first so it didn’t mater. But after all the tax hassle, I was afraid to make another change. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

You did excellent my man! Good job, and good hack. :grinning:

You did a great job to find a dealer with 15% discount. Enjoy the new car!
I can’t find any dealer in my area to get even close to 10% discount even for 2020 Bolt. And the inventory is very low in my area too. Most dealers only have 0-2 available so it is hard to even find a dealer to start a negotiation.

That’s the reason they still have 2020 on the lot, not willing to discount them

Great job. So where did you stop on the way home and how long did it take to charge enough to make it back? I might try to hack a BMW I3 later this year, now that I have loyalty, and there are tons more in MD/NOVA than in NC.

So I started in Silver Springs MD. Used 42% to get to an EA on Brook Rd in N Richmond. Charged for about 35min to get to 82%. Then rest of the way to Durham. Total 300 miles. Had GOM of 35miles (28min) left. Avg 3.9 mi/kWh. There is also an EA in Henderson NC which was my emergency if I did not appear to have enough w one stop. But I was pretty cautious. Mostly 65 and 70 for a little bit. Once I was close to home and knew I could make it I started to “enjoy” the Bolt’s peppiness :grinning:

Walmart 2295 - Richmond, VA
7901 Brook Road
Richmond, Virginia 23227 Charger ID: # 100272–07
Charging pricing: $0.43/kWh (pre-tax)
Charging time: 00:40:53 (we used the heat while plugged to warm up before heading out)
Charging cost: $7.74
End state of charge: 82%
Total energy delivered: 18 kWh

1 Like

A little of topic, but did you have to set up an account before the first charge, or do you just insert a CC and charge away? Have not even looked at public charge options yet…

I set up an account as there are some stories that the station interface can be unreliable. one slight annoyance is that EA uses a top up prepay model for people with accounts. So when you sign up you indicate how much you want to preload and how much you want to top up. At least they don’t take your first preload $ until your first session. (Chargepoint is the same). That said it went very smoothly.

1 Like