Signed: 2021 BMW X7M50i

This was looking okay until it didn’t, so wanted to share this more of a data point than anything for anyone else who’s in the market for a x7m50i. Got the dealer to come down 7% off MSRP and “pay for the last our previous lease”. Alas we didn’t realize the previous lease was tacked onto the new lease instead of being cashed out.

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2021 BMW X7 M50i
MSRP: $103,534
Monthly Payment: $ 1520
Drive-Off Amount: $ 3000
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 12k
MF: 0.0010
Residual: 55
Incentives: about 7% off MSRP plus $1850 in incentives, ($4000 added back on to new payment from previous lease, and $1850 for M brakes coverage)
Region: cal
Leasehackr Score:
Leasehackr Calculator Link: leasehackr.com/calculator?make=BMW&miles=12000&msd=0&msrp=103534&sales_price=96229&months=36&mf=.0010&dp=0&dealer_fee=85&acq_fee=925&taxed_inc=0&untaxed_inc=0&rebate=0&resP=55&reg_fee=400&sales_tax=9&demo_mileage=0&memo=&monthlyTax_radio=true

Sooooo…you walked away, right?

3 Likes

Cashed out or tacked on, either way you’re paying for it…

Enjoy the car

Yikes. Enjoy!

Is 7% the effective discount assuming the $4k in negative equity rolled into the sales price? Or would it be 3%.

Wish it were the former, but it’s the latter. They had made it seem like it was 7% effective discount with $4000 cash on the side until my partner got to the FI box. They said they could increase the effective discount by using the negative equity to bring the adjusted cost down, but the way the deal worked out we get to keep our previous lease until its time is up next year and not pay for it. Although we are indirectly paying for it with the new lease now

@Ursula12 - Since the deal is already signed, enjoy the car. If I may ask, did you try reaching out to brokers on this forum for better pricing?

Thanks, it’s a hell of a car!
Honestly, did not find this community until after the deal. I’ll definitely look more into it the next time around

So what was the pre-incentive discount (not including the $1850 in incentives)? Cos your calculator shows a post-incentive discount of 7%.

1 Like

I recommend to quote online dealership (Vroom, Carvana, Shift) for your previous lease and pay negative equity by cash. Very likely, they could buy your car at somewhere closer to your payoff and make your negative equity less than $4k.

The $1850 incentive include $500 lease+$1000 loyalty and $350(waive disposition)? Weird to count disposition as incentive…

Btw, you can get ultimate care plus at $600 for 3 years that cover the brake. Call your dealer to cancel the $1850 package and buy from any dealer that sell the ultimate care+ online.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing the data despite the situation. I too ended up with a lease I thought was not as good as it could have been, which lead me to finding this site. 3 years later, I am still here…

Congratulations on the new car!

Ouch, I did the same on my first lease, ended up overpaying. Discovered this community and did a lot better the next few times and hopefully going forward.

Enjoy the car! And you’ll do better next time! Post some pics!

1 Like