Signed 2021 BMW M340i

Hey guys, just signed an 2021 M340i.

11%off MSRP+base MF. Paid all the fees upfront, $2272 down, 0 MSD.
Rebates: $3500

First time lease, I learned a lot from reading through the forum. Thanks for all the information! Hope it’s not too bad for a 1st timer. please share your thoughts.

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2021 BMW M340i
MSRP: $ 62570
Monthly Payment: $ 505 (includes tax 7.75%)
Drive-Off Amount: $ 5000
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 12k
MF: 0.00082
Residual: 57
Incentives: $1500 lease credit, $500 loyalty and $1000 OL code, $500 dealer incentive
Region: Socal
Leasehackr Score: 9.1yrs
Leasehackr Calculator Link: CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR

!

3 Likes

But why did you put money down?

3 Likes

Why go $5k out of pocket and not do max MSDs?

4 Likes

Curious what the 500 dealer incentive is? Thanks

1 Like

Next time put the money in MSD’s instead of down payment.

On a side note:
I think a M340i deserves more than 225" rubber on all 4 corners! At least 255’s on the rear. Curious who is in charge ordering these at the dealership.

2 Likes

The highlights of the deal is a very respectable discount and getting buy rate on the MF. Down should have gone towards MSDs; your monthly would be slightly higher but you would get the cash back upon lease return.

Living in socal, take the all season tires off now and get some proper tires for the vehicle. Then you’ll have a nice set of all seasons to remount when you return the car.

4 Likes

I know guys, you are right haha. No down payment for a lease.

I did run some numbers using the calculator. MSD’s would have better option, I was targeting to stay at ~$500 per month. My best bet was this route.

1 Like

thanks a lot for the encouragement. Will do that on the next lease.

1 Like

I asked for at least 12% discount, he said he couldn’t go 12 but added the $500 incentive. Which brought up the total discount to 11.8%.

I guess this is the reason, but maybe the lease to lease is still active in West coast idk.

1 Like

Definitely a pit fall of price shopping, when you put money down to make the monthly look better. But hey looks like you learned for next time and this was a solid deal!

Great looking car!

But yeah they got ya on the 5k down :sweat_smile:

It’s not 5k down, 2k down + 3k tax & registration

1 Like

Upfront tax and registration on this in socal is not $3000

2 Likes

Very nice car, congrats! FWIW, if OP ever tried to get out of his lease after a year or so, he can probably ask for $3-4k DAS and get most of his drive-off back that way. I personally know many people who have been able to get this kind of DAS on Swapalease many times on this car for a sub-$500 pre-tax payment. And let’s not forget, his payment is ~$469 pre-tax, which a lot of people would jump all over.

1 Like

Looks like it’s $2,272 cap cost reduction and $2,728 drive offs (acquisition fee, doc fee, first month’s payment, tax on incentives, license, registration)

Which is $5k das. Doesn’t matter if they capitalize the fees and put the entire $5k as a cap cost reduction or if they pay all the fees up front. They can bookkeep it however they want. $5k is $5k.

1 Like

I’m guessing the 500 was just the OL code on top of the dealer discount. I believe either way it should all go into the selling price within the calculator with the 2k down in incentives. If too large of a down payment is the only mistake you did on your first lease you should be happy. Overall this is a great deal.

1 Like

Right… that’s still $5k lol however you tout it

For sure! I wouldn’t sweat it too much since because nobody is pointing out the usual issues with bad leases (allowed for the dealer to mark up the money factor, poor discount off MSRP, etc).

2 Likes

Right… I’m not saying it’s not $5k DAS lol. I’m breaking it down accurately. Can’t be $3k for just tax and registration (which is the comment I was replying to). The post also isn’t clear that it’s $2,272 towards cap cost and $2,728 towards standard drive-offs, which include a bunch of things other than tax and registration. And yes at the end of the day, $2,272 + $2,728 = $5k DAS, which is what OP paid. But it helps others reading to understand what that’s comprised of.

1 Like