SIGNED! 2020 Volvo XC60 FWD Momentum

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2020 Volvo XC 60 Mom
MSRP: $49,840
Monthly Payment: $471.08
Drive-Off Amount: $1,041.35 (1st month, Fees, Plus $454 buy down) ((I know, I won’t put any down))
Months:36
Annual Mileage:12,000
MF:.00067
Residual:55
Incentives:$3,250 (Volvo-Dealer, 1st Responder)
Region: FL

This looks to be about 12% off MSRP pre-incentive with my pre-paids included. I am used to getting 20% off MSRP pre-incentive in the past, so the lack of inventory is killing me these days! Fortunately I am in no rush to buy…we can go down to one a one-car family as long as it takes (or until my wife gets sick of dropping me off at work!)

This was a dealer’s final offer last night. I just can’t stomach paying that close to MSRP. I don’t even know why I’m posting this. I guess just venting. :slight_smile:

I’ll plug along and try for some more dealers and maybe time will be on my side and the right deal will come along.

If any of you want this deal, it’s the Gunther Volvo dealer in Daytona Beach, FL.

Care to share some of your deals?

2 Likes

The past two were an AR Stelvio MSRP of about 50k, Cap cost of about 40k and a Mas Ghibli with a MSRP about 84k and a Cap cost of 65k ish. It’s been a while since I’ve looked at those two leases. Before those two were a pair of Volvo’s and my favorite, a 2012 Chevy Volt! All Cap Costs were achieved with buy-downs by the dealer, and incentives were deducted below the line.

These Volvo’s today are a whole different animal. I can’t seem to get any better than this 12% before incentives.

Is this just the new reality we are in today with low inventories? I can wait it out, but I don’t know if the deals will get any better with only 2021’s coming online.

Maybe on a 2017 s60cc that they couldn’t give away you were, but 12% pre-incentive on a modern Volvo is a very aggressive price during normal times, much less in the days of limited inventory.

Generally when you’re seeing deeper “pre-incentive” discounts than that on modern Volvos, it is because the person posting it didn’t actually pull out the Volvo allowance/dealer cash.

Your expectations are not realistic.

Also, per your deal sheet, you have a gross cap cost of $39872 with $3250 in incentives rolled in, putting your pre-incentive sales price $43122. That is 13.5% off pre-incentive.

1 Like

I agree with everyone else that your expectations are probably off, but go to one car and hunt fields of fart cars for demo/loanet deals if you want that discount. As long as you aren’t look for something specific that isn’t likely to be specced in a car that is punched, but it like likely have a much higher msrp.

if you take this deal, at that mf, I would roll everything in and max MSDs. You’re most likely stuck with it until dispo or a pull-ahead anyway.

I include all the misc dealer fees in the Cap Cost to arrive at my “true cap cost” before incentives. That’s how I came up with 12%. Dealers charge upwards of over $2,000 in various “fees” and I end up having to pay them, so that’s why I consider this 12% rather than 13.5%.

Maybe I’m being too harsh. I just like to know exactly what I’m paying into the lease and what they are discounting.

At any rate, I see that in today’s environment this current offer I have on the table is acceptable. Maybe not palatable to me, but acceptable as far as leasing Volvo’s today goes. I am going to speak to one more dealership tomorrow and if that isn’t fruitful, I think I’ll just take this offer. It helped to vent some and get some of your perspectives. Reading through the various deals on this forum, it seems nobody has done much (if any) better.

OR…maybe buy my wife a moped! :slight_smile:

Have you looked at higher spec models than a fwd t5 mom? The incentives on this are quite low. It isn’t uncommon to see higher trims levels lease cheaper due to better incentives.

1 Like

I did, yes. The AWD adds an additional $1,000 incentive but that’s the only higher incentive. The price difference makes it not worth it. Well, that and the fact that we rarely get snow here in Orlando.

I am fortunate in that my wife is very simple. All she wants is heated seats. She couldn’t care less about anything else. (I know, ironic living in Orlando that she would need heated seats).

So I am better off getting the base model, but the best deal so far is on this higher-end model with all the adaptive cruise crap and heads up display stuff that she will never turn on.

I prefer to achieve a higher discount off MSRP than to get the cheapest lease deal. If it’s a $55k model that I can get for $45k, I’ll take that over a $45k model for $40k.

Hell, that’s the best part of the car

Not my best, but stock is limited. This one was about 13% off MSRP Pre-Incentive, and the all-in (tax included) monthly below 1%. I usually get 20% off MSRP but nobody in the whole state of FL could get anywhere near there due to the factory closing. So I settled on this.

The car is beautiful. Loaded with all the techy crap, Autopilot, 14 speakers, etc. All the stuff the wife will never turn on.

I have attached the contract for your reference if it helps. The dealer was great to work with. Gunther Volvo of Daytona.

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2020 Volvo XC60 Momentum
MSRP: $49,840
Monthly Payment: $488.05 (6.5% tax included
Drive-Off Amount: $488.05 (only 1st month payment)
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 12,000
MF: .00067
Residual: 55%
Incentives: $2250 Volvo-Dealer, $500 1st Responder
Region: SE (FL)

2 Likes

On new Volvos, pre incentive??

1 Like

Nice build, and nice deal.

I see you blacked out your VIN. FYI it appears several times on the Monroney label.

You wouldn’t get anywhere close to 20% off pre-incentive ever on a new Volvo. Your expectations were not based in reality.

3 Likes

Nicely done.

I don’t know how you all in Florida put up with $959 Service Charge and $299 electronic filing fee. The dealer made 2.5% BEFORE you started negotiating a good selling price ($1,258/MSRP). In CA, dealer fees are $85 + $30.

Where did the dealer give you credit for the $500 1st responder cash? Did they net it into the selling price?

Enjoy.

1 Like

And we said as much

You made an excellent choice and you got a deal. Congrats and enjoy your new Volvo - post pics in trophy garage :trophy:

Thanks all. I don’t know why I black out the VIN. I see others doing it and figure maybe it’s a risk keeping it on there?

I got 20% off MSRP on Maserati and Alfa for sure. Those are my most recent leases so I remember precisely. The previous Volvo’s I leased were too long ago to recall definitively that I got 20% off, but I would venture to guess that I did. The Volt before the Volvo’s was 20% off. I wish I still had the window stickers and leases from my previous three Volvo’s.

Oh well, just going by what I was able to negotiate with about a dozen other dealers this time around, nobody came close to this car so I took it. I think the discount was still too shallow, but the wife loves it and that’s priceless.

The feedback from you guys helped convince me, as well. This forum is an awesome tool to have when leasing a car. Thank you all for your invaluable advice.

:heart: Leasehackr.com!!!

(I’ll be back in a few months when my Maserati is up and it’s time to get into an AMG CLA 45!)

This is all completely irrelevant.

20% off pre-incentive on a new, current generation xc60 is not a target based in reality.

Years ago, Chrysler couldn’t give away Crossfires to save their life, so they were selling for 40% off MSRP. That is equally irrelevant to this discussion.

1 Like

…and that’s what I quickly learned this time around. First, by all the laughter on the other end of the phone when I talked with the various dealerships, and secondly after getting your valuable feedback on the Ask the Hackers section of this forum. You guys helped convince me that I should take this deal.

Thanks Brett for the recommendation. I called your salesman at that Florida dealership and got a similar deal on a 2020 xc60 T5 inscription. They were very honest and paperwork was a breeze. They even delivered it to me for free in South Florida almost 3 hours away! I’ve been looking for awhile and finally pulled the trigger.

Congrats! I’m so glad they were able to hook you up!