Signed: 2020 Volvo S60 T6 ($399/mo, $2,839 down, 10x MSDs ($4k)) 36/10

Hello All!

First time posting, been lurking the past month or so.

Thanks to some comparison shopping here I went into this lease with more knowledge than I’ve ever had. But I’d love input if this was a good deal or not…

Miami, Florida - my zip is 33139
MF .00057 before 10x MSDs
53% Residual
2020 Volvo S60 T6 Momentum with Advanced, Premium, Multimedia Packages, Upgraded wheels and tail pipes. $49,495 MSRP plus $699 for the Excess Wear and Tear (my first time with Volvo so didn’t want to risk it)

$2,839 Down
$4,000 for 10 MSDs
$1,500 A-Plan Credit
Inclusive of tax $399 mo for 36/10

I tried to use the calculator here on the site but I just couldn’t make it match exactly. I had a short buying timeframe and I was able to match it on another website so I felt confident enough with the deal as a first time with Volvo: Rough Link matching Drive-Off and Monthly

I feel that I could have gotten it down to $389 (inclusive of tax and excess wear/tear) especially with such a high dealer fee, but I’m very pleased with the car. And in 3 years look forward to the loyalty credit and lower payments.

Lease:

2 Likes

Enjoy the car !

1 Like

Which dealer??

This was at Volvo North Miami. We’re lucky there are so many Volvo dealers here! Unlucky that fees are so ridiculously high in this state and area…

I leased an Audi A4 twice from The Collection in Coral Cables, great dealership overall (modern and v. good service center) but their sales team has always either put pressure on me or otherwise made it a so-so buying experience. Volvo North Miami was great, they’re under new ownership now and have renovated the showroom. I’d recommend calling and negotiating at least some of the deal before arriving - it made it much less stressful for me.

Generally a-plan locks you in at about 6% pre-incentive discount, which leaves lots of room for improvements. The larger a-plan elite bonus on the s60 boosts that up a bit, so it does a decent job of closing the gap between what you could get otherwise. Makes using a-plan not hurt as much as with other vehicles.

Now, there should have been no negotiating needed here. With a-plan, you walk in the door and get what the program numbers are.

What I don’t understand is how they got away with those dealer fees. A-plan is supposed to limit the dealer fees to $100.

2 Likes

I’ve heard that A-Plan does lock you into a set discount. But I never knew about the $100 documents fee limit. I see it now under program rules for A-Plan…

Is there a way to claw-back the difference? You’re talking about the $387?

Under negotiation it’s says they’re only required to provide negotiation free pricing when requested. I figure my price is lower, because the A-Plan Elite $1,500 pricing discount plus $4500 lease cash from Volvo seems to be better. I need to run through the numbers again.

A-plan pricing includes all the rebates as well.

I would be curious to see what your actually pre-incentive discount, before the lease cash and a-plan elite bonus, actually is here.

1 Like

Hmm, me too now - I didn’t realize all of this stacked! Well, I signed as is. Maybe I can contest the dealer fees being higher than $100, but everything else I would assume is set in stone right?

At this point, it’s pretty set. I’m sure they’ll argue that the a-plan paper says $100 max for dealer doc fees and that their charge is for vehicle prep AND dealer doc so it doesn’t apply.

Good point, it is worded as such - not simply written as “document or doc fees on the contract”.

I ran the numbers and with an MSRP of $49,495 the A-Plan price is $40,585 (not discounting the $995 destination fee, including $1,500 A-Plan Elite & $4,500 lease cash). Mine was ~$39,901 not including the Excess Wear protection.

So it seems like this worked out relatively close to what A-Plan would be anyways, even accounting for the higher doc fees. If it’s within $500 or so, I’m fine with that. I could use the money, but spread out over 3 years and based on my happiness with the car - a fair trade.

I was worried I had over paid by thousands!

I will mention it to them anyways, as it never hurts to ask. Plus I have to return because they didn’t do the recall update when they sold it to me :expressionless:

I just signed a similar deal on an XC60. Don’t forget to go claim your $500 from the Allstate BonusDrive. :wink:

I’ll have to post up my Volvo deal from last Friday. tl;dr $55k MSRP, $555/mo (with 1025 DAS). The agreement ends up reading a little different after getting the $1k excess wear and tear and giving them a little cash to make the payment read $549/mo. Claiming the $500 BonusDrive is softening the $1k excess wear and tear though. :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip, congrats on your sign! I’m not eligible for Allstate as I have Geico currently.

There was a 5 month gap where I didn’t have a car and my last insurance company never told me I needed to stay insured regardless - huge pain. So my rate went up as a result and Allstate only says they’ll insure me if I have 1 year or more of coverage. Chicken or the egg :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Read the terms.

No quote or purchase of insurance necessary. Need not be an Allstate policyholder to take advantage of this offer.

1 Like

You do NOT need to be an Allstate customer. This offer has nothing to do with insurance at all.

I tried going through the steps to redeem the offer - on the last page they ask if I have Allstate. When I do not check the box it says I’m not eligible.

Were you able to get this offer despite not having Allstate insurance? It’s called an Allstate promotion - but it would be awesome if I could get it! You’d be my hero haha

I have received money from this for my Hyundai, despite not being an Allstate customer.

Interesting - how did you apply for it? Online or through another method?

I applied at allstate.bonusdrive.com

I applied online as well. Was never asked if I had Allstate as far as I remember, but if they asked I would have said no as I don’t have Allstate. They’re currently in the process of reaching out to Volvo for review before approving payment. It went through the first two steps within 15mins.