Signed: 2020 Sonata Limited 35K MSRP $389/mo + $1,650 DAS

Not sure If I’d agree with this. The new Sonata has more advanced tech and interior space than a 3 series or C class would have, unless you can find a unicorn loaded loaner of course.

For the OP I think a bit more of a discount on the sticker would’ve been helpful but the MF is on the higher side so its tricky. It’s a new-ish model so finding a deal is going to harder, although it’s a shrinking segment.

1 Like

18 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 2

You’ve got a major thing going against you here; the sonata, at the moment, is a poor lease value. As such, there’s really only so much you can do before looking at other vehicles to see what offers a better value. For mid $400s, you could have probably gotten into a lower trim loaner bmw 5 series, for example.

As for getting a better deal on this specific vehicle, when you see things like dealers “throwing in” a several k value package, that’s generally a good sign that there’s a lot of room to move on the discount. You’re not getting anything for free, so you’re just paying more for the car.

3 Likes

Hi @Erica_Padilla. Your avatar is a unicorn with rainbow hair, right? Well here we educate people so they get unicorn deals! Yours is not a unicorn deal but hopefully for the next one, you will do better.

Come on, who wants to see pix of a sonata?

4 Likes

This would have been cheaper had you waited a year; there’s a premium attached to buying an all-new model.

That said, the new Sonata is really nice. Hyundai/Genesis products have some of the best lane centering and adaptive cruise control, second only to Tesla Autopilot IMO. Handily beats Mercedes Distronic or BMW Driver Assistance Plus, which you won’t find on a comparably priced C-Class or 3-Series anyway.

4 Likes

The system in my Palisade never ceases to impress compared to every other system I’ve driven.

You can even adjust the responsiveness of the ACC… why doesn’t everyone do that?

Plus the infotainment and interior in general is diabolical compared to Hyundai’s amazingly simple and attractive system.

Oh I quite like the whole ‘Catfish with a potato shoved up the tail pipe surprised look’ it has going on!

2 Likes

The dealer discount was really what needed to move here. 8% for a Hyundai loaner (even on a current model year) just isn’t a compelling figure for most people. When you search through the forum, you’ll see that most of the deals/offers posted here have been inked with higher discounts. Based on some of the Sonata deals I’ve seen lately, $350-$400 seems to be the going rate with $0 DAS for cars with similar MSRP.

Typically, Hyundai has had acceptable MF/RV, which has made it fairly easy to get strong deals when coupled with a strong dealer discount and a handful of rebates.

Do the DRL’s really go that far up the hood, or is it an optical illusion?

I agree with your points. The 3 series or C class usually lease well and we like to point people to those models. However, if OP wanted a mid-sized car and valued the tech in it - I’m talking digital dash, digital key, cooled seats, HUD, parking sensor not the remote park feature, - you aren’t gonna match this with a luxury lease unless you get a giant unicorn. How many loaded five series loaners are there with most of these features? I would probably take a somewhat less equipped BMW over the Sonata but that’s personal preference. I don’t think OP could have gotten a 5 Series with the same equipment as the Sonata for within 100 bucks of the price.

The DRL’s go about mid hood from there it reflects off. When looking straight on looks like going on the way up. Also panoramic sunroof comes on the SEL Plus Tech Package or Limited. Pretty cool features for the MSRP.

They fade out as they go up the hood

My msrp on my Honda was approximately $36k and I’m at $295 a month

But I have to park my own car.

Which I’ll gladly do for about a $5400 savings

5 Likes

I’m not sure if you signed on this but this is a very bad deal for a demo. Like others have said, this is BMW money. Or plenty of other demo/loaner cars you could have went for instead of this. If you did sign and your happy with the numbers, that’s really all that matters. Just enjoy it.

After getting quotes (like pulling teeth) from 6 dealers in the philly area,i leased an sel plus with tech (31,700 list) for first month up front at 360.00 a month. The next closest offer was 410.00. Yes ,it’s new and won’t lease great but the tech is amazing along with the comfort. Im happy with it and wouldn’t consider paying more for a 3 series or c class with far less features.

1 Like

It looks good. Don’t worry what doubters like myself think lol. Enjoy The tech and amenities in good health.

2 Likes

How many miles? I originally was at 371 got them down to 360 on 10k miles but ended up going with 15k at 389?

12/36. They really aren’t moving much on these cars.A few were sticking
hard at 430.00,i think you did pretty well.