Signed: 2020 Nissan Leaf SV w/ Tech - $30DAS $70.79/month

Still a great deal, do the incentives apply to the extended range?

I believe they do. I think the issue with the extended range lies in the higher MSRP vs Residual. I think you could probably swing one for a couple to few hundred a month with the same incentives. Or try for a higher dealer discount.

NVM on this question

So according to edmunds, there’s about 13,375k of incentives on the leaf, including 10375 lease/finance cash, 1000 holiday, 2000 NMAC finance lease. Plus if you can work a dealer discount, I think this is pretty hackable. The problem is I havent yet gotten a dealer to play ball.

My only question remaining is since its a lease, what happens to the 7500 dollar federal credit? Does nissan apply it to reduce the price on the car?

So the federal tax incentive is claimed by the lender, which is an advantage if you have less than a 7500 tax burden annually. Because the tax credit isn’t refundable, you only can claim up to your tax liability.

do they apply the credit to the price of the car?

In other words, can i get them to take 7500 bucks off the purchase price?

For the purposes of leasing, forget that $7,500 exists.

Or, if it helps you sleep at night, assume it’s passed on in the lease cash from Nissan.

5 Likes

thanks haha

These Leaf deals are looking pretty decent, they seem to be popping up a lot now. It’s the new negitive equity sucking machine!

I always like to see fellow Colorado peeps get some legit car deals :sunglasses:

2 Likes

It looks like Tynan has 55 in stock across different trims.

Maybe someone can help me.
I tried to do my best on a Nissan Leaf (after seeing this post) and after inquiring nicely, I managed to get a finance manager to send me the lease details sheet. It looks like my MSRP ($38k), selling price ($22920), residual, etc. are all very similar yet somehow my dealer’s monthly arrives at $254! :open_mouth:

And, when I use the calculator with these figures (admittedly to the best of my ability), I arrive at $216 which is still not remotely close to this deal but still cheaper than the dealer’s monthly of $254: CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR

This is the link to the car: https://express.nissankendall.com/express/1N4AZ1CP9LC307295?deal_type=cash

Im trying to learn more about what Im missing here from you pros as Im a bit stumped.

@Lovesadeal - The total costs for the lease is something like $5444 which isn’t low enough to get the deal into that < $90 territory.

Does your state have the local EV $2500 incentives/rebates to get you under $2k total costs?

Do you have a breakdown of the discount, incentives, and fees?

1 Like

@Lovesadeal… The dealer screen is missing some detail, but for the purposes of the calculator, you can get it close without that detail. Just lump all of the taxes and fees into the dealer fees field (delete the acq fee from the calculator since its buried in dealer fees), and adjust your sales tax to 8%, make your drive offs $0, and youll get very close to the dealers screen.

1 Like

@Lovesadeal…Also…FORGET about us here in FL being able to match the EV friendly states leases. Without those additional rebates (pre and post sale) it just cant happen. The best we can hope for is to try and obtain a higher MSRP discount to offset the lack of “green $” and the higher than normal dealer fees.

A better approach on an EV in FL (IMO) may be to try and swap into one that came from somewhere else that was more EV friendly (as long as there arent financial hooks tied to that car with states rebates, etc).

1 Like

Unless the dealers here in CO are trying to upsell the SL Plus models that nobody wants, it sounds like all of the SV tech pkg Leafs are all spoken for. The tech pkg had a $2k incentive attached to it so it’s really a free upgrade from the SV all weather pkg without tech.

The state EV incentive is also reduced for 2021.

• 2021: $2,500 for purchase, $1,250 for lease
1 Like

Makes perfect sense and I figured us Floridians must be missing some incentives.
The dealer sent me this fee breakdown:
Acquisition fee - ¿650
Doc fee - ¿999
License fee (est.) - ¿450
Filing fee - ¿399
Other (tag agency fee, lemon law fee, rental surcharge, fl tire, battery) - ¿157.5

Filing fee? Other? Gotta love the $999 Doc fee. Must be quite the work intensive Docs. Doc Fee aside, do the other fees seem appropriate or also excessive?
Huge thanks for helping me understand all the nuances of a lease too! Im beginning to understand now how regional incentives, state, federal, etc make cars lease differently state by state. I think u may be right, the only way to snag a killer EV/Hybrid in Florida will be to find out which manufactures allow out of state lease transfers and try to pick up a Cali/NJ/NY/etc car.

All of those except the license fee are dealer add on fees. The license fee technically is supposed to be the true cost with the Florida state DMV and if it comes in under that they are supposed to give you a refund after the fact. The other costs ate things the dealers generally not going to give up, so you have to get a bigger MSRP discount. They do have to profit somewhere :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Makes perfect sense yet again. Thanks very much Spockvr6, truly a gentleman and a scholar! Learning alot here and getting better at this this lease hacking thing (I think!).
It dawned on me that without the EV incentives I cant even get close to the NJ/NY/CA lease figures for the Leaf.
So with respect to the dealer’s time, I sincerely thanked them for providing all the numbers as they did, wish them a happy New Years and just mentioned that we were too far apart on this one.
That said, happy New Years to you all as well! Thanks again.

Can you buy in CO, temporarily register @ extended family resides in state and move it later a yr or so? Is it doable?