Signed: 2020 Mazda CX-5 Touring ($335/mo, zero down)

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2020 Mazda CX-5 Touring
MSRP: $29,620
Monthly Payment: $335
Drive-Off Amount: $0 (paid nothing at signing, so I think that’s accurate)
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 10,000
MF: 0.00012
Residual: 57%
Incentives: $2,207 discount off MSRP, $360 dealers cash
Region: Northeast (Buffalo, NY)
Leasehackr Score: 8.0
Leasehackr Calculator: Link

Lease Agreement

Not sure if I entered the amounts into the calculator correctly, so please let me know if made an error on the lease calculator (I adjusted the MF decimal percentage to get the mo. lease payment to match up, but the total lease cost is still off a little bit).

Regardless of whether or not the deal score is good or not, this is 100% the and the monthly price I wanted going into this process, so I’m happy with that. I was also originally quoted $405/mo with zero down, so happy I was able to get that price down to what I wanted.

2 Likes

Are you sure?

Yeah, you’re drive offs are not that. I think that figure you gave is the selling price or msrp - whatever discounts applied. Drives are usually in the 4 digit range, (first month payment + taxes + registration + cash down…etc…)

Ah, okay - makes sense. Definitely interpreted that wording incorrectly, haha. Sorry for the mix-up. My first month payment was waived I paid nothing upon signing, so I think it would be just $0. I’ll edit the post now.

Did you have to pay anything at the dealer before you drove off the lot? I know sometimes it can be confusing, we all had to learn one time.

No, I paid nothing at all before leaving with the car.

Okay yeah, then it should be at 0 then. Your MF might have an extra 0 too. Comes out to 28%, but up to you if you want to edit it.

Hmm, I double checked the two initial offers sheets sent over from this dealer and both stated 0.00012. But maybe I’m missing something?

The difference is quite large, I hope you didn’t get taken in for a ride. That extra 0 puts your interest at 28%, while if you take a 0 out, it comes out to 2.88%

It’s late, so maybe I’m not thinking straight, but right now it’s at 0.00012, which the LH calc lists as being 0.29% APR. If I remove a zero to make it 0.0012, it lists the APR as 2.88% APR.

It’s late, and maybe I’m not thinking straight, but right now it’s at 0.00012, which the LH calc lists as being 0.28% APR. If I remove a zero to make it 0.0012, it lists the APR as 2.8% APR.

I also checked a recent CX5 deal check post on here where they mention 0.00012 is the standard MF rate for those cars, and they have it input into the LH calc exactly like I do.

I don’t think it was 28% either, It’s going to be 2.8. 28% will bring its it to $93 a month which is far too high.

Are you sure its a touring and not a sport at that msrp??

@Mustang13 this is from the dealers website as of this morning: two other CX5 Tourings almost right at that MSRP