SIGNED: 2020 Hyundai Ioniq Limited EV Lease with NJ Incentives

I was prepared for battle, but they came out strong :slight_smile:

THat is pretty shady, btw!!

It will but this takes 8 to 10 weeks.

1 Like

Dealers won’t have state EV rebates included in pricing - consumers will have to apply directly with their states after purchase or leasing.

Originally the idea was to have dealers deduct the rebate at time of purchase once the program was setup. Did they change the terms? I’d prefer to receive the rebate separately so that’s a welcome change.

They haven’t released “phase 2” of the plan, which is point of sale incentive. Supposed to go live “July or august”.

Here is link to The program

30% Federal Tax credit? I think the Federal is already calculated into the deal, No??? Unless there is a NEW program released…or you’re stating this about the Level 2 Charger Installation, Feds will give you back 30% ???

Charging infrastructure is outside of the lease deal. There is a 30% federal tax credit currently available (up to $1,000). In the FAQs of the Charge Up NJ it talks about the up to $500 incentive—-but no date

1 Like

Haha. I remember doing a double take on that ad earlier today. Could not believe my eyes.

2 Likes

I almost bought into the idea that Hyundai dealers can’t discount 10% since they aren’t “overpriced like BMW’s.”

I was in the Meadowlands last week trying to get a deal on a Bolt. Guy wouldn’t budge off of sticker. Then told me they don’t fudge numbers, they are what they are from Chevy and all but hung up.

Bolt, Ionic and then there’s the Niro EV… more cargo room, more cabin space and 100 miles more than the Hyundai.

1 Like

The range is impressive, but I’d assume the Niro doesn’t lease as well as the Ioniq.

1 Like

Inventory is really low in NJ on a lot of these EV’s, especially on the base/lower trims.

Not surprising with the new state incentives.

A buddy looked at a Niro plug in hybrid lease in NJ. IIRC it was around $400/mo—he was from NY so he couldn’t take advantage of the NJ programs. He ended up in NY on that lease, and was in the mid $300s, I think. (All in/fees/tax/etc)

I found one dealer with a surprising amount of inventory on the Ioniqs

My dealer only had this one, but can get more for customers—just would add cost to the deal :man_shrugging:

I awlmost bought into the idea that Hyundai dealers can’t discount 10% since they aren’t “overpriced like BMW’s.

That is absurd. It’s amazing how shady dealerships will say just about anything. The only Hyundai / Kia where I MIGHT have believed that would have been the Telluride—last year

In my initial edit of this thread, I mentioned a part 2 of this deal–about how I sold my Elantra lease to Carvana.

I opted to add my story to the Carvana Thread instead.

Had Carvana not been so aggressive in their offer, I would certainly not have landed this deal :slight_smile:

I have every color of the Ioniq EV in stock in both trims right now.

for anyone that wants to try and replicate this deal in NJ, I can’t quite match but I can come close. $14/month more. Plenty of base models available for $149/mo effective payment. Please see my broker thread on the commercial side of the forum here if you’re interested. Mods, please delete if this post is not allowed here.

Hi, what are Ioniq EV Limited’s going for right now?

209/month after the NJ rebate, 327/month before. Base models are only $132/month after the rebate, or $250 before.