Signed: 2020 Hyundai Ioniq Electric Limited - Effective Monthly: $91.82

Yes, but nothing can turn this cars range from zero to hero. Hopefully OP doesn’t drive much. A bolt may have been better?

1 Like

Wet blanket statement
(a Jeopardy! response LOL)

No, I drive quite a bit. I put 50k miles on my last eGolf in 3 years and that only had 84 miles of range. Unlike many other EV shoppers, my obsession isn’t just total range. I can’t remember the last time I drove 259 miles anywhere in one day. I can’t even remember the last time I drove 170 miles(Ioniq range) in one day. This is a commuting car so overall comfort and efficiency is my main focus. The materials and features are way better in the Ioniq, especially the seats. In terms of efficiency, the Ioniq is the most efficient in this range. The only other car that tops it is a Tesla model 3. Yes, it is a half cent per mile cheaper than the Bolt but aren’t we all here to get the best deal and save money? The only advantages the Bolt has is range and acceleration. And acceleration isn’t useful in LA’s 405 traffic. On the other hand Highway Driving Assist is more relevant for my situation.

2 Likes

Hopefully you went with a higher mileage lease if you plan to do the same.

Not likely to happen with this pandemic hanging around. Plus my work is much closer now. Leased a another car this past November and we have only put 2,000 miles on it. :rofl: I am pretty sure I will be fine.

1 Like

Hey there I am new to leasing, but from what I understand your deal sounds great! I was wondering if you could explain how the incentives work though. I see that you have a monthly payment mentioned and then and effective payment. Are you calculating the effective payment taking into consideration the incentives or is that what you actually pay? Also are the incentives applicable to every electric vehicle? Any info would be greatly appreciated thank you.

My blankets are always wet

50k on an egolf? Congratulations sir. You are more patient at the charger than I am :slight_smile:

Effective payment is the cost to lease the vehicle per month after all incentives (whether they take effect before the car deal is signed or after). Federal and state incentives will vary based on the manufacturer, region, specification of vehicle, etc., but manufacturer incentives can be found on places like the manufacturer’s website.

Haha, not so much. All the charging was done at home in between trips. I only took the car on one road trip for fun from Los Angeles to Palm Springs. I got a hold of a EVgo charging card that had free unlimited DC fast charging so I wanted to give it a try. Just 2 30 minutes charging stops to get me to Palm Springs. Only added an hour to my drive.

1 Like

What are your thoughts on Ioniq vs. eGolf? Do you like the Ioniq better?

To me, they are almost dead even. The driving dynamics of the eGolf are much better because it is derived from the fun to drive Golf. The batteries being down low help the car corner way better. It was a put joy to drive. Interior materials, the eGolf plastics feel better and the fake leather is easy to take care of. For the Ioniq, you get real leather and the plastics are not as great but not much of a difference on surfaces you normally touch. How Hyundai molds their plastics looks a bit fancier from afar such as fake stitching on the soft plastics. Driving tech, both cars are comparable except the Ioniq doesn’t have parking sensors or auto park features. Having power seats and a moonroof in the Ioniq is nice. As for the battery, Ioniq beats the eGolf in battery tech, longer range and liquid cooling.

At the beginning of this car search, I was dead set on getting another eGolf however there was only 1 available at the dealership that honored the CVAP Grant. They wanted $420 with $2,000 DAS. I told them they were insane and they replied saying they are selling well. They emailed a day after I picked up the Ioniq saying they are ready to be more aggressive with the deal.

I am really happy with the Ioniq, this really could have gone either way, but the dealers made up my mind for me. :rofl:

1 Like

An extra hour on a ~100 mile drive?

It’s about 137 miles away from my house but yea an extra hour for a little over 2 hour drive. It wasn’t all a waste. We went shopping at Ontario Mills and Cabazon Premium Outlets. Plus I didn’t have to pay for any fuel except the initial charge of $3 bucks when I left my house. To most people it doesn’t seem convenient to be doing trips like that in short range car but who cares when you got time? Yes, I could have spent the extra hour at the resort but I guess I enjoy driving?

But…you aren’t driving in that extra hour :joy:

Haha you got me there.

Thanks for the info.

They wanted $420 with $2,000 DAS. I told them they were insane and they replied saying they are selling well. They emailed a day after I picked up the Ioniq saying they are ready to be more aggressive with the deal.

That’s the story of every interaction I’ve had with VW dealers, at least in my area. :laughing:

Enjoy your new car! What an awesome deal!

2 Likes

So you saved what, $12 each way? For an hour downtime each way? Priorities :roll_eyes:

$12? How did you come up with that figure? I guess you are assuming that I have a secondary gas car that gets 45MPG? Priorities? I am not sure what you mean by that? I guess you expecting me to go rent a car for the trip and pay for the insurance and fuel that goes with it? If so, your $12 figure is way off. I just had an eGolf at the time. It’s okay, I didn’t specify that in post. Didn’t think I needed to as I was just posting my deal to share information for others that may be in the market for an Ioniq. Unfortunately, it seems like more people are bothered and/or shocked I took a short range electric car on a road trip. :sweat_smile: