Signed 2020 Honda Pilot EX-L AWD, 36/15k, DAS $1000, $365/Month

Markup is odd. I was under the impression Honda Dealers could not markup Honda Financial lease deals. It sounds like they can now. Bummer, no MF markup was always a nice feature of doing business with Honda.

I thought markup wasn’t allowed either. All other dealers quoted me on MF and Residuals in line with edmunds. This dealer just seems shady overall.

Process question-

At what point do you guys ask about dealer cash?

After i negotiated past the Truecar quote. I negotiated the sales price first and then brought up incentives. Sales people are more likely to just take the incentives off the sticker price as the “discount” if you bring up incentives first.

Hmm, so on Edmunds site I don’t see dealer cash, I checked a few zip codes, how do I go about finding that?

Well dealer cash would vary depending on the dealer from what I understand. Incentives come from the manufacturer and financing company. A quick look through the dealer website might give you this info. If you still don’t find it, then ask about dealer cash after you have negotiated the sale price off MSRP before incentives.

1 Like

Nice deal!

Great deal. Hopefully I can replicate somewhere.

Please PM me the dealer info. Connecticut resident looking for the same deal thanks

I’m looking at a Honda CRV EXL… No money down… $365 OTD lease. Just normal tags/registration due at signing. THINK it’s a good deal.
Regarding leases: NEVER put more than one name on lease. Never (ie) husband and wife. If something happens to one the other is responsible to fulfill the lease agreement. If only one name is on the lease and something happens to him/her someone brings the car, submits a (ie) death certificate and the lease is over. We both lease cars and that’s how we were told to do the lease.

Can you please provide dealer and sales person info. Thanks

Wrong. Only some captives will allow early termination of a lease upon death. Others will go after the deceased’s estate. The most important thing is the read the lease contract to look out for this.

Thanks! Will read new lease and find out what it says. Maybe even call.

Would you be able to send me the name of ct dealership and name of the sale person?

Nice deal! I think you forgot to mention this is AWD? Which makes this an even better deal!

Yes, it is AWD. Good catch.

I’m new to the forums and I’m trying to replicate this deal in CA. I couldn’t find anything in the FAQ, but how do you start the negotiations? Do you email the dealership asking for their best price? Tell them the terms you want? Or just start by negotiating the price of the car before mentioning a lease? Any help is appreciated!

There are several threads that cover this in detail.

I’ve tried multiple search terms with no luck. Willing to share a link?

1 Like