SIGNED: 2020 Ford Explorer Limited - 36mo /10.5k @ $400/mo, $498DAS---MSRP $54K

Last week I posted an Explorer XLT I was planning on signing, but ran into a few hiccups. Basically I live in MA and was going to lease from an NH dealership, but did not realize they would not be registering it in MA for me (note: several larger NH dealerships by the NH/MA border DO register in MA, as I have done it twice, but this one was further up in NH and they would not). In looking into what I would need to do to get it registered in MA, it was going to be a process. MA Registry is requiring appointments due to COVID and booking out weeks. I think they have a dropoff process, but between the hours I’d spend and the MA fees that weren’t in my original deal, I decided to work with only MA dealers.

Glad I did because I got a much better deal. We first discussed pricing on an XLT that was a bit higher than the NH deal I had found. He called me back the next day and offered a Limited at basically the same price (he told me it was on the lot longer and he could discount it greater, plus it had an extra $500 of rebates. Very excited, as the Limited had some nice features we hadn’t originally been considering (memory seats, upgraded audio, upgraded wheels, electronic foldable 3rd row, electronic mirrors, built-in window shades for kids in back seat). Very happy with how it all worked out.

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2020 Ford Explorer Limited, Black/Black, moonroof
MSRP: $54,230
Discount: 10.1% off MSRP
Monthly Payment: $400 pre tax base payment ($430 with MA Sales tax, $498/mo if you add in MA Excise taxes, which for leases do)
Drive-Off Amount: $498
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 10,500
MF: 0.00133
Residual: 55%
Incentives: $5,500
Region: MA
Leasehackr Score: 9.4
Leasehackr Calculator Link: Numbers arent working out on calculator: CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR

Did the deal myself, no brokers. All in- pretty happy with where I landed. Hope this helps others!

6 Likes