SIGNED 2020 BMW 330i

Might be a unicorn? I don’t know. I managed to get two dealerships to get their price this low. All the other dealerships I called just scoffed and the lowest they would go was around $430 tax included.

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: New 2020 BMW 330i
MSRP: $46,250
Monthly Payment: $391 tax included
Drive-Off Amount: $1,000
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 10,000
MF: 0.00099
Residual: 59%
Incentives: Loyalty, Lease to Lease, Lease Cash
Region:California
Leasehackr Score:10.2
Leasehackr Calculator Link:leasehackr.com/calculator?make=BMW&miles=10000&msd=0&msrp=46250&sales_price=40145&months=36&mf=0.00099&dp=0&dealer_fee=85&acq_fee=925&taxed_inc=3250&untaxed_inc=0&rebate=0&resP=59&reg_fee=400&sales_tax=9.5&demo_mileage=0&memo=&monthlyTax_radio=true

Couldn’t get the calculator to line up the amount due at signing properly.

1 Like

Pretty solid deal for a 330i, especially considering the times we’re in right now. Don’t think I would classify it as a unicorn, however. Good work!

2 Likes

In Michigan, BMW dealers are listing 330i at $399 per month and 4K down (do not know the details of that), so the above deal looks pretty good.

If that’s actually new, strong discount; but as for unicorn, we’re in weirder times than usual.

Dealer advertisements arent particularly good deals usually.

1 Like

Corrected DAS:::::: $4K down, still not a great deal from BMW!
Have to search for a UNICORN deal!

You’ll never find one advertised.

1 Like

You are so right, and stepping into a BMW dealership today is an ‘awful’ negotiating ordeal.
Best to wait until January 1, 2021!!!

Why would you step into a dealership to negotiate a deal, now or after Jan 1?

1 Like

It’s pretty scary how many people hang around this forum and stubbornly refuse to learn absolutely anything

Dealers’ dream trifecta

Look at ads :white_check_mark:
Walk in :white_check_mark:
Understand only monthly payments & DAS :white_check_mark:

4 Likes

Jan 1st is the end of the quarter for sales manager’s to receive their bonus based on sales through the dealership! Also, what are the alternatives to making a deal. This forum has brokers who charge on average $500 to handle the deal, next would be private individuals (like myself) who is trying to be educated here. SO, two choices???

Lease calculator is the only third option., I have used it and cannot come close to a good hackr score.

Doesn’t matter when the quarter ends if inventory is low and they don’t have the product to move to hit volume bonuses.

The comment regarding making a deal wasn’t about not making a deal, it was about not going in to a dealership to make a deal. Going in to a dealer is for taking test drives WAY early in the process and for taking delivery of a deal you’ve worked out remotely. There’s absolutely no need to step through the door prior to having a fully flushed out deal.

The lease calculator isn’t a third option if your first two options are “go to the dealer to make a deal” and “have a broker get you a deal.” It’s just a tool for crunching numbers.

And leasehackr score is irrelevant.

Just like most things in life, either do it yourself or pay someone to do it for you. There is no third option.

A calculator is just a friggin calculator. How on earth is a calculator supposed to be a way to get yourself a car?

And don’t go around making sweeping generalizations about when to get a deal.

Isn’t everyone’s comment in this thread basically all sweeping generalizations? Some of the best offers I’ve received from multiple dealerships was by going into the dealership and discussing payments; some of the worst offers I’ve received were also from going into dealerships. At the end of the day, it just depends on which salesperson you end up running into that day.

Now, it might not be the most time efficient way of doing it, especially if you aren’t located in an area like SoCal where there are plenty of dealerships within a couple miles, but it just really depends on the manager and the salesperson. Hell, even by email and phone some of the BMW dealerships told me to there’s no way I could get the deal that I did, and said lowest they could do was $450/mo despite the fact I showed them the offer sheet.

And the whole tidbit about “Understand only monthly payments & DAS.” Isn’t that really all that matters at the end of the day? I swear to god some people here will fight tooth and nail about a couple points off the MF even with the dealership offering a crazy discount off MSRP. Just because some people are more focused on negotiating through the monthly payment and DAS doesn’t mean they lose perspective about how much they’re paying for a certain MSRP car. Some of y’all are so obsessed with the path to getting a lease deal you guys completely ignore the end goal lol.

I didn’t get the deal I did arguing about what percentage discount or what money factor they were getting me. I did have in mind a reasonable payment off the current market and lease terms I wanted, and adjusted it depending on what kind of responses I was receiving from the dealerships. I went in with the monthly payment and DAS, and basically told the dealership to get me there. Do I think this is a once-in-a-lifetime deal? No. Could it have been lower? Who knows. But looking at the type of deals other people received in SoCal and seeing the kind of prices that the brokers on here were advertising on this board, I think I did a pretty good job without having to nitpick about money factor and MSDs.

Edit: Yes, lock the thread because I pointed out the hypocrisy of some comments.

1 Like