Signed: 2020 Audi Q5e Premium Plus $2,699 drive-off and $651 monthly all-in

How did I do?

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2020 Audi Q5e Premium Plus
MSRP: $64,323 (incl. $999 for AudiCare and $999 for dealer-installed garbage)
Monthly Payment: $651 incl. taxes
Drive-Off Amount: $2,699
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 12,000
MF: 0.00079
Residual: 50%
Incentives: $7128 Costco + $6712 Audi PHEV rebate
Region: Washington
Leasehackr Score: 8.5y
Leasehackr Calculator Link: https://leasehackr.com/calculator?make=Audi&miles=12000&msd=0&msrp=64322&sales_price=57500&months=36&mf=0.00079&dp=395&dealer_fee=150&acq_fee=895&taxed_inc=6712&untaxed_inc=300&rebate=0&resP=50&reg_fee=750&sales_tax=10.3&demo_mileage=0&memo=&monthlyTax_radio=true

Thanks to all ye hackers for the help!

3 Likes

Since you’ve signed the deal- just enjoy your new ride.

[You could have knocked off $39/month by doing max MSDs] x 36= $1404 saved, but nonetheless- just enjoy]

1 Like

Q5E is part of the Costco program?

I thought Costco didn’t apply to the Q5? Also enjoy since it’s signed but next time post your deal first.

I did the math, that’s a 7.25% IRR. I have investments that yield better even after risk adjustment, so decided to skip it. I do appreciate the suggestion, though!

2 Likes

I was surprised that Costco applied too!

I would have posted the deal, wasn’t expecting real-time replies lol. It’s been really hard to find deals in Washington/Oregon, so I took this when it came close to the numbers I had in mind.

1 Like

It’s likely they just have you that discount and there is no back in Costco money for them.

Fair enough, no complaints :slight_smile:

I was just glad to have met a dealer in the area who was willing to negotiate, it’s ridiculous how most dealers here expect consumers to be price takers. I recently walked away from a negotiation where the salesperson said to me “You’re negotiating! You had said you’re here to buy the car”. Yeah, dude - I’m going to sign where you ask me to sign, since I should trust you implicitly.

Sounds like a tough market. Might be worth a trip down to SoCal next time.

1 Like

Care to share which dealer?

Wow definitely a good deal. I am also surprised the dealer can match the Costco 10% off program. So this is much cheaper than the X3 e I guess?

Thanks! X3e is priced cheaper on an MSRP basis where I’m based, but inventory seems to move faster. The best I could do was $1700/$720 on same terms, which was about a grand apart.

Enjoy the ride. I’m also in Washington and had a dealer discounting their Q5E’s by almost 20% (including the federal credit).

??? Maybe in that market but not in a competitive market.

Awesome deal in Washington…enjoy the ride… folks from PNW can concur its a hard market to get deals for…wish we can avail some broker services here.

If you LH calc is correct, it’s more like 8.9% IRR, tax free. Would need something over 10% to be equal after capital gains.

1 Like

It’s not an IRR because it’s not compounded. It’s like simple interest

1 Like

I think you need to look up IRR.

The whole MSD thing is basically an investment where you put down a chunk of cash and receive small outflows monthly and a large outflow at the end. The IRR is just a rate of return number (there can be multiple) at which the NPV of all these cash flows is zero.

Haha yeah, won’t YOLO the amount on AutoNation calls :joy:

Excel spits out almost the same answer if you treat it as a monthly cash flow and calculate irr or if you take the total lease cost savings, divide by 3 and divide by MSD cost to get annual return on the investment.

In both cases, if the LH calc posted is correct ($6250 in MSD cost $1651 in total lease cost savings), it rounds to 8.9%.

A normal investment would need to generate north of a 10% guaranteed return to net the same equivalent savings after taxes.