Signed - 2019 Volvo XC60 - Inscription

Just signed a 19 XC90 FWD Inscription demo/loaner vehicle with approx. 1300 miles

(Advanced package, heated/vent massage seats and heated steering wheel)

36 months / 8500 miles (not 7500…don’t ask)
MSRP: 53,640
Selling Price (agreed upon value): 43,514
MF: .00035
DAS: $0
RV: ~54%
Monthly payment (pre-tax): $481.31 x 35 payments (Volvo pays 1st)

$515/month with TN taxes, etc.

It seemed like this deal does not include the first three maintenance services up to 30k miles. I was under the assumption this is included by Volvo for all new vehicles.

Where could I have done better?

I can’t not ask… 8500 miles? Did you do a 7500 and then prepay for an extra 1000 miles instead of just bumping up to a 10k?

What was the pre-incentive selling price?

Did not pre-pay. Paperwork may (or may not) have overstated mileage on Odo. by ~3k miles - maybe they were playing around with getting volvo Corp. incentives to move out 2019…?

Gross cap. cost: 45,602
Residual val.: 29,136
Dep. amount: 16,466
Rent Charge: 861.16

So it was leased as a loaner then and not new.

Hard to say how much better you could have done without knowing what incentives they buried in the discount.

There is no 8.5k lease, so Volvo will probably reject it I guess.
If they played with numbers then they might have given you extra miles, but contract still should show 7.5 or 10k

Sounds to me like they did a 7500 mile lease, but put the starting mileage of the lease 3000 miles higher than the actual mileage, probably so they can get away with claiming loaner credit from Volvo.

What’s a little fraud to start the day?

4 Likes

The whole process can best be described as what one would quintessentially think of when they imagine old school car salesmanship (a bit slimy). Website had the incorrect mileage stated on it and then when I called to ask if it is still available - it was. I asked for a 10k lease and gave them my price and then an hour later I get the call stating “blah blah blah”. Needed to get a car before starting back in the new year :confused:
Ultimately it is “officially” a 7500 lease.

These 3k extra miles they gave you are not free, though. They have to add $600 penalty to the cap cost for demo/loaner miles.