Signed: 2019 Tacoma TRD Offroad-Prem/Tech $237 p/m

Hi all,
New to the forum and looking for someone to explain to me where I screwed this up…signed on 12/31 so I got a decent amount off of MSRP especially for a Tacoma, but feel like I am seeing much lower payments from others. Most importantly, I am ok with payment but the drive off cost sucks compared to most it seems. I tried to push for MSD but the finance manager tried to tell me that wouldn’t change anything; which I feel was a blatant lie. Any input is appreciated

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: Toyota Tacoma DBL Cab TRD Offroad/Premium/Tech/6MT

MSRP: $40,460
Purchase Price: $33,226
Monthly Payment: $237
Drive-Off Amount: $3,000
Months: 36
Annual Mileage:10,000
MF:Unknown
Residual:74.4%
Incentives:$1,500 Toyota Cash
Region: Massachusetts

1 Like

Right

Should have used MSDs and saved about $2500

It should have been no more than 250 w first and MSDs at signing for an MT

Can you explain to me why the finance manager kept steering me away from MSD and said it would’nt effect the payment? This was my first lease, trying to learn from this experience. Also, any commentary on Sale price vs. MSRP?

Thanks

Was your lease thru TFS? Or did the dealer use a different bank like Ally?

Also cant comment on sales price, I believe you left that out on your post.

Well, to be honest, I’m surprised you knew about MSDs, but didn’t fight or look elsewhere after hearing him say they wouldn’t affect the payment.

So he lied.

But, at the same time, how were you aware of MSDs?

This is also a 2019 and not a 2020. I believe @Bostoncarconcierge could of got you a 2020 for what he quoted on the price above?

Post updated with purchase price…$33,226.

I knew about MSDs from this forum but honestly had only done a couple week’s worth of research so did’nt have the definitive knowledge to stand up for myself.

The deal was done through TFS which it seems may have hurt me?

Finance manager muttered about something like TFS doesn’t discount MF with MSDs so don’t worry about those.

I was excited about the % off MSRP and it was the last day of the year so I thought I was getting a deal. Generally I was seeing tacomas in the 8-10% off MSRP. This was 17%.

Does that sales price include the $1500 incentive? Betting more than likely it does.

Yeh, you could have saved another $50/month in interest by applying that $3000 as msds

Live and learn for the next one!

Yes, includes the incentive…so not that great of a sale price? Live and learn. Just want to make sure I understand my mistakes so they don’t happen again. This is helpful and I really appreciate it.

1 Like

Sales price is still really great at 14%, just the 17.9% you stated before would be unheard of if it didn’t include incentives. Next time come to the forum before you sign your deal and we can try to help you the best that we can. Enjoy your new truck!

1 Like

If you knew about this forum did you reach out to any of the brokers that have stellar deals on :taco:'s? You could have posted your deal before signing too, not sure why you didn’t do that…:thinking:

I did reach out to 2 brokers in the Boston area but didn’t hear back for a week. I am sure it was a busy time of the year for them. I guess my logic was that I thought I didn’t want to miss my window at the end of the year/Toyotathon. Additionally, it was a pretty rare combo I came across so I was sort of enticed by that. Off road/6MT/Premium and Tech.

Do MSDs work all over the country? In Utah they told me that they don’t? True?

Looking at quotes from reputable brokers in the Boston and east coast area I noticed that Multiple Security Deposits (MSDs) are not always possible with the deals offered. So how do we know as a buyers when MSDS are possible or not? Is it regional? I am in Rhode Island and for a Tacoma 2020.

MSDs are always possible with toyota financial leases. Always.

Ally-not the case.

Minus New York