Signed: 2019 Subaru Outback 3.6r V6 Limited $329/mo $2067 DAS (NJ)

2019 Subaru Outback 3.6r Limited

MSRP: $38,785
Selling Price: $33,550
Monthly Payment: $329
Cash Due at Signing: $2,067
MSD: 0
Incentives: $1000 first responder (maybe?)

Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 12,000
MF: 0.00025
Residual: 59%

Region: Northeast / New Jersey
Leasehackr Score: 9.5-9.7

I’m having trouble getting the exact leasehackr calculation because I can’t get the monthly and DAS to line up. For my monthly it shows $500 less DAS and for what I paid it shows $15 less a month, so I definitely got fleeced somewhere for a couple hundred but that’s okay I’m still happy with it. I had a crying baby with me with only one more day before I had no car and I basically yelled at the salesman when his first offer was $485 a month. I was literally shaking in disbelief and fury when he showed me that number.

My DAS is due to me being sloppy and incorrectly doing math, I thought with NJ tax and doc fees and such it was 2k but I guess it was 1500, maybe I had the wrong sales tax in my calculations. But in the end I walked out with the exact monthly I wanted to with the same out the door price. My truck was totaled 2 weeks ago by a drunk driver and I was told I lose my rental this week, I only had Monday to get a car so when they hit my mark I pulled the trigger. I still haven’t gotten the buyout price from the leasing company for it so I’m hoping to get a 2k-5k check to wash away this down payment. Hopefully I don’t owe, lol.

Thanks to this forum for a lot of help and understanding, and for others posting their deals. I saw a few Outbacks here lease between 310-330 with different taxes involved so I wanted to land in there. The advice of emailing dealers was HUGE because they called bullshit on me wanting the sale price for 33k until I showed them an email with the neighboring towns dealer for that price. They wanted to call them for the offer sheet but all I had was an email with the price of the car luckily since I never spoke to that dealer after that. I don’t know if they took the 1,000 off the sale price for first responder like they were supposed to either, so I know there’s room for improvement on my next lease when I won’t be as rushed or pressured to leave with something. Mazda wouldn’t move on their $389 for the CX-9 Touring Premium so Subaru got my money, the V6 drives way better anyway. I feel pretty good for a first time after discovering this site and learning from it, can’t wait for my wife’s Rogue to end next September to do it all again, and better.

Thanks again!

2 Likes

I gotta try this

2 Likes