Signed 2019 Sonata PHEV Base

Just signed this today!!! Pretty easy negotiation… looks like dealer really wanted this gone :joy:. So how did I do? especially for a Long Island dealer :joy: … $75 gov fee is for plate transfer btw.

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2019 Sonata PHEV Base
MSRP: $34585
Monthly Payment: $197
Drive-Off Amount: $197
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 12k
MF: 0.00087
Residual: 44%
Incentives: $12519 ($11419 lease cash & $1100 NY Drive Clean)
Region: Long Island NY
LeaseHackr Score: 15.8
LeaseHackr Calculator Link:

1 Like

Great deal . Enjoy.
Do not forget about Bonus drive. Additional free $250
https://allstate.bonusdrive.com/?_ga=2.127232717.1304061358.1598463437-2007181764.1598463437

You absolutely Crushed it for a Long Island dealer. Very few of these remaining. I’ve sold as many of them as I’ve been able to find.

Can you give me more details on the $11419 lease cash? I’m going to try to negotiate a similar deal. Was the lease cash provided by Hyundai or was it federal tax credit for PHEV?

Thanks!

I’m a little confused by the negative down payment section on the calf, was that from a trade?

Assuming-Probably a negative equity from previous lease rolled into the new one ???

No. It is a number thrown in there to get the drive off amount and the monthly amount to match to what actually happened. It is there to essentially offset the normal up front costs that are now getting rolled in.

3 Likes

Fantastic job. Can’t say no to the 11k incentives.

11419 is the lease cash from Hyundai … by law they have to give that… it varies for different terms check with Edmunds

are you sure its by law? I’ve had enough dealers not pass on whole lease incentives

Limited trim has almost $12k incentives!!!

Does it matter if it is by law or not? If they don’t pass the incentive to you are you going to call the police or hire a lawyer? No, you go to another dealer instead.

anyone know if out of state (markets where car not sold) buyers, can lease these vehicles?
i was trying to lease the ioniq a few months ago but new york dealers wouldn’t allow it.

thx!

You have to lease in your state to get the state appropriate rebate like if you live in NY and purchase in NY … only then you get the $1100 NY rebate … rebates vary by states. Other than that the lease cash doesn’t depend on those factors. You can lease from anywhere and be eligible for the lease rebates from that region

My frind will pick up today base trim 36/15. $203/m . $1k due at signing. They have one more base trim and i think want ro get rid of it. Anybody interested? This is for NY state resident deal only. For out of state it will be no $1100 NY clean rebate.

what is dlr discount before incentives? and what do you think dlr discount for the limited version one could get?

They do not have limited trim. I am not sure what exactly their discount is but monthly paymenyt is good enough to jump on it. I will know it today afternoon. I came with this approximate numbers

2180 dlr discount seems too low IMO, I think someone else here posted a week or so ago a 4K dlr discount. Which seems more realistic, I think hyundai will be ending factory incentives for these 2019s anytime now. If dealer doesn’t get rid of them now they’ll be on the lot for next 2 yrs waiting for some sucker to buy them.

1 Like

According to Hyundai’s site, it seems limited trim does not qualify for any lease cash this month…only base. Can anyone confirm?

autobytel.com shows incentives for limited ($500 more than base). And hyundai dealer on-line lease calculators show same.