Signed: 2019 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring AWD w/ Premium Package

Hi Everyone! I signed today on a 2019 CX-5, and while it’s not a unicorn, it seems like a pretty solid deal. I actually was driving in to the dealership to sign on a different CX-5 without the Premium Package and in a different color (I ended up with red, the only color they charge extra for), but it was sold out from under me on the ~75 minute drive over. I told them that I really wanted red and the PP and that there was one at another dealer in the region, he gave me numbers that worked for me, and he called the other dealer and got it done.

I am aware this deal is not a ‘unicorn,’ but I needed a car quickly, I’m picky about what I like, and I know I won’t be leasing again in three years and was looking to minimize the total lease cost, not just the monthly payment…the list of vehicles I was considering was pretty small :stuck_out_tongue: . Hope this acts as a realistic data point for other people in New England interested in the CX-5, unlike that other guy who’s crossposted his ‘deal’ in multiple and crapped on the brokers. I would like to thank the other posters and the brokers for helping establish baselines and providing great advice and insight; without this forum I absolutely never would have considered leasing, but it’s perfect for my situation right now and I appreciate all of you!

One last note: I definitely will only be using around 6-7000 miles a year, so if I’m lucky I might be able to sell it to CarMax at the end, too. Something else I learned from you guys!

2019 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring AWD w/ Premium Package
MSRP: $34,710
Monthly Payment: $350
Drive-Off Amount: $520
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 10,000
MF: .00001
Residual: 59%
Incentives: $1,280 in ‘Manufacturer Rebates’
Region: New England (MA)
Leasehackr Score: 8.5
Leasehackr Calculator Link: N/A, I can’t seem to get the numbers working 100%

2 Likes

What was the negotiated sales price of the car, eg. what was the cap cost before taxes/fees? I only see $34k MSRP but don’t see the math for how you got to $350/mo with only $520 DAS. No acquisition fee and the like, or was that just rolled into the lease? Seems like a great deal!